Rest call to external service - Need help on service locator

Ram Chimata

Jan 12, 2018, 10:15:41 AM1/12/18
to Lagom Framework Users
Hi Friends,

I have a situation as below and i am completely novice on the lagom framework.

We are building a lagom service with rest interface and which in-turn have to make a rest call to external service (Not a lagom service Ex:Solr search engine). I looked at few examples which register the 3rd party services. But the same requires third party service locator, which is not recommended by our client partner.

Can someone guide me how to register and locate external service to make the calls.

I looked ConfiguredServiceLocator, but i believe that is to register and locate custom services for Cassandra and Kafka. So, similar to that is there way to locate the external service (NON-lagom service)

Thanks in advance,
Ram

Ram Chimata

Jan 12, 2018, 11:17:57 PM1/12/18
to Lagom Framework Users
I figured it out. Using unManagedService property, able to register and make the call to external service

Sayed Erfan Arefin

Jan 31, 2019, 5:22:43 AM1/31/19
to Lagom Framework Users [deprecated]
Can you tell me how can I subscribe to an external api and consume topics in lagom?