Meeting - Thursday November 21st

Matthew - Orange Computer

Nov 20, 2019, 11:28:15 AM11/20/19
to La Crosse Linux Users Group
Hey Linux folks,

Our Linux meetup is this week. Thursday evening, November 21st, starting at 6pm in our regular meeting room on the second floor of the People's Food Co-op. Bring something cool to share, along with your questions for others in the group.

We'll be talking about the Linux and tech news. If you have a topic you'd like to present on, let us know by replying to this.

See you there!

   -- Matthew from Orange Computer

David Klann

Nov 20, 2019, 1:23:37 PM11/20/19
to Matthew - Orange Computer, La Crosse Linux Users Group
Hey Matthew and Fellow Linux Geeks!

I'm around for the meetup this month! Yay! It'll be good to see y'all.

I've been learning about Ansible for the past couple months -- I'd love to
share what I've learned about it, and how I've been using it.

Also, has anyone talked about Pi-Hole yet? I recently set it up on my home
network and I love it! Would love to do show-n-tell on that too!

See you tomorrow!

~David Klann
> --

signature.asc

Matthew - Orange Computer

Nov 20, 2019, 1:34:06 PM11/20/19
to La Crosse Linux Users Group
I'm definitely interested in learning more about Ansible and your experience with it. Please do present on it !

I believe Pi-Hole has been mentioned in past meetings, but I don't remember a presentation on it. I'm sure there would be interest in that, as well.

  -- Matthew from Orange Computer

Ed Fanta

Nov 20, 2019, 1:37:36 PM11/20/19
to lacro...@googlegroups.com
I plan to be there but Tom W cannot. Tom was wondering about an open source/IOT wireless temperature sensor system for his green house. Something with at least three sensors and that can be seen on a smart phone or similar.

Ed.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "La Crosse Linux Users Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lacrosselug/7ffe5d8d-3e07-42dd-88e5-105d73ff1860%40googlegroups.com.

Bob Haugen

Nov 20, 2019, 2:37:00 PM11/20/19
to lacro...@googlegroups.com
Ed,

> Tom was wondering about an open source/IOT wireless temperature sensor system for his green house. Something with at least three sensors and that can be seen on a smart phone or similar.

https://sites.google.com/view/greensensenetwork/home is an open
hardware project from some friends in Australia and Montreal that
might be exactly what Tom is looking for. John Conlon helped them out
a bit not long ago. It's all open source. I should be getting a demo
system January latest and will bring to LaxLug for a show and tell.

In the meantime, if you and/or Tom want to connect to the main dev, let me know.

Best,
Bob

P.S. I'd be interested in riding with somebody from the La Farge area
for tomorrow's meetup; I can't drive very well at night anymore.