Fwd: Transform our ideas of a makerspace for our community

John E. Conlon

Jun 4, 2019, 8:25:15 AM6/4/19
to LaCrosse Linux User Group, pe...@opineer.net

Hi LaCrosse LUG,

Got the following email from Peter Bergquist regarding a maker space for the Vernon/Viroqua community.   If there is any interest follow the links to make suggestions and contacts.

best regards,

John

Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 11:13:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: Peter Bergquist <pe...@opineer.net>
To: jco...@verticon.com
Subject: Transform our ideas of a makerspace for our community

Participate and grow the conversation of a makerspace for Viroqua

Dear John,

Ideas, concepts and plans are being put in place to create a much needed and desired makers space in our community.

The concepts are everything from a Technology space to woodworking to metal to shared office space, etc...

We would like to get everyone in the same room to discuss what these concepts and plans have manifested into and how we can create a clear plan moving forward so we can collectively pull our resources together to create the best space and/or spaces that would best fit our communities’ needs.

Please RSVP with dates and times that work for you here:

https://doodle.com/poll/te2vrzi2tie5i2nw

Location TBA shortly.

Thank you,

Peter Bergquist

Profile Image Peter Bergquist
Opineer LLC
pe...@opineer.net
(608) 433-7332 - Work

Unsubscribe

Opineer 1201 N Main St. Suite 24 Viroqua, Wisconsin 54665 United States

Bob Haugen

Jun 4, 2019, 8:49:28 AM6/4/19
to lacro...@googlegroups.com, pe...@opineer.net
Thanks, John. And thanks Peter. Apparently Peter is presenting in
Viroqua next Wednesday:

I&E club makerspace talk
Wednesday, June 12⋅6:00 pm

Join us at the next Inventors and Entrepreneurs Club meeting at the
Food Enterprise Center, 1201 North Main Street, Viroqua, on Wednesday,
June 12 at 6:00 pm. Want to learn a new skill? Need resources for your
business? Have an idea for a product or service? Peter Bergquist,
Cofounder at Shade Haven, leads the discussion on how makerspaces can
be a place to start or grow your business, or acquire new skills.
Learn about the Viroqua Maker Movement! Can't attend? Take the survey
at tesseractlabs.co Light refreshments by Driftless Provisions. For
more information call 638.8332. Everyone is welcome!

P.S. Here's http://shadehaven.net/
> Peter Bergquist
> Opineer LLC
> pe...@opineer.net
> (608) 433-7332 - Work
>
> Unsubscribe
>
> Opineer 1201 N Main St. Suite 24 Viroqua, Wisconsin 54665 United States
>
> --
> --
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "La Crosse Linux Users Group" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lacrosselug/e18fffaf-a051-2c6a-d917-79ccd0a160f1%40verticon.com.

John E. Conlon

Jun 6, 2019, 1:05:51 PM6/6/19
to lacro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to let everyone know this so late but there is a meeting tonight Thurdsay in Viroqua - see below:

Hi John,

Our date and place are set for the meeting on makerspaces.

Thursday, June 6th 7pm at the Tobacco Pool Building on East Decker, meeting will be downstairs, there is an access door on the east side (or right-side from the front). I will have a sign there.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I understand not everyone will be able to make that date and time. There is another event on Wednesday, June 12th, 6pm at the Inventors and Entrepreneurs Club at the Food Enterprise Building, you are welcome to attend. I will be giving a presentation and facilitate a discussion on makerspaces.

If you have any questions or would like to reach me my number is 608-479-1128.

Thank you,

Peter

Profile Image
--