Topic for May meeting: FreeCAD

Matthew - Orange Computer

Apr 21, 2019, 9:59:16 PM4/21/19
to La Crosse Linux Users Group
Hello Linux folks,

For next month, we'll have a presentation and conversation about FreeCAD:

Phil will most likely be presenting, but other people may also be contributing as well. There's good documentation for FreeCAD:

If you are interested, I invite you to download and experiment with FreeCAD before next month's meeting. That way we can have some experience to share and relevant questions to ask and discuss.

FreeCAD will be the main presentation topic, but we also have time for a shorter mini-presentation on something else, too. Please post to the list if you are interested in sharing a mini-presentation on a topic of your choosing.

Lot's of fun things happening in the Linux and open source world right now,

  -- Matthew from Orange Computer

Matthew - Orange Computer

May 14, 2019, 6:25:57 PM5/14/19
to La Crosse Linux Users Group
This Thursday evening is our meeting. Topic is FreeCAD, which is available for Linux, macOS and Windows.

We'll be meeting in the smaller conference room in the offices area further down the hall instead of our normal meeting room. If someone in our group has a projector, we could use the Hackberry's space, but we would need to bring our own projector to do that. Does anyone have a projector they could bring to the LUG meeting?

  -- Matthew

David Klann

May 15, 2019, 6:28:46 PM5/15/19
to lacro...@googlegroups.com
I have a projector I can bring. VGA and HDMI inputs (and 2-meter cables)
available.

I'm looking forward to learning about FreeCAD!

See y'all tomorrow evening!

  ~David
> --
> --
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/lacrosselug?hl=en
>
> ---
> Groups "La Crosse Linux Users Group" group.
> an email to lacrosselug...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:lacrosselug...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lacrosselug/261095b7-9d70-49d2-b17a-a70fb3736079%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lacrosselug/261095b7-9d70-49d2-b17a-a70fb3736079%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

signature.asc

Mark Midthun

May 15, 2019, 7:43:09 PM5/15/19
to lacro...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to pester you, Matthew.  Is the "smaller meeting room" in the building with the Co-op and Hackberry's?  Is the time 6PM?

Thanks,

Mark Midthun

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "La Crosse Linux Users Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lacrosselug/261095b7-9d70-49d2-b17a-a70fb3736079%40googlegroups.com.

Jordan Waughtal

May 15, 2019, 8:12:58 PM5/15/19
to lacro...@googlegroups.com
Can someone attach directions I would like to attend.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lacrosselug/bc8770a3-e5f4-c755-07e7-ef4f5683cc8b%40gmail.com.

Matthew - Orange Computer

May 15, 2019, 10:02:01 PM5/15/19
to La Crosse Linux Users Group
Hi Mark (and everyone),

As David is bringing a projector, we'll actually be meeting in the Hackberry's space (pending confirmation from the Co-op staff). It's right at the top of the stairs on the second floor of the Co-op.

Start time is 6pm and we usually until around 7:45 or so. Feel free to hang out later to talk and collaborate with others.

Looking forward to seeing you all there,

  -- Matthew
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lacro...@googlegroups.com.

Matthew - Orange Computer

May 15, 2019, 10:05:36 PM5/15/19
to La Crosse Linux Users Group
Hi Jordan,

It'd be great to have you join us. We meet on the third Thursday of every month at the People's Food Co-op on 5th Street (between King and Cass). Our meeting room is on the second floor. Stairs and elevator are on the west side of the building.

Here's a Google Maps location:

Hope that helps,

  -- Matthew

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lacrosselug/261095b7-9d70-49d2-b17a-a70fb3736079%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lacrosselug/261095b7-9d70-49d2-b17a-a70fb3736079%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "La Crosse Linux Users Group" group.

Michael J White

May 15, 2019, 10:13:41 PM5/15/19
to lacro...@googlegroups.com
Unable to attend.  I will be at a dinner for a potential new doctor to
join our group.

Michael