Linux Meetup is Thursday, January 16th

Matthew - Orange Computer

Jan 15, 2020, 6:48:17 PM1/15/20
to La Crosse Linux Users Group
Hello Linux folks,

The second floor meeting room at the People's Food Co-op is reserved. Meeting starts at 6pm, Thursday, January 16th, 2020.

I'll be sharing some Linux news and things I've been working on. If you've been wanting to give a presentation on a particular topic, there's time for you to do that. Just give us a heads up by replying to this.

As mentioned at the last meeting, I had the goal of starting to publish videos before the end of the year. I have published 5 videos so far and met my goal of beginning before the end of 2019.

Publishing on LBRY and Youtube: https://lbry.tv/@retroedge.tech:4

Hope to see you Thursday evening!

   -- Matthew

Pete Gruendeman

Jan 15, 2020, 7:05:22 PM1/15/20
to lacro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthew:
     Are there any softwares that you will demonstrate for video editing, software that we might install and get familiar with before the meeting?
Pete Gruendeman

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Jan 15, 2020, 7:21:53 PM1/15/20
to La Crosse Linux Users Group
The tool that I've used for recording is OBS Studio. It's available on almost all Linux distro repositories. On ubuntu based systems you can install it with:

sudo apt install obs-studio

Thanks for asking!

  -- Matthew
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lacro...@googlegroups.com.

John E. Conlon

Jan 16, 2020, 2:38:29 PM1/16/20
to lacro...@googlegroups.com
So will you give us a demo of OBS Studio?

In related video topics, I have done some work with copying DVD videos with Brasero with some limited luck and encoding with Handbrake.  Also interested in security video recording.    Perhaps we can discuss these topics as well?
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lacrosselug/c6cdd6be-37a9-45d9-85bb-73f4da09e8da%40googlegroups.com.

--
{ name     : "John Conlon",
  title    : "Principal Consultant",

Michael White

Jan 16, 2020, 3:15:17 PM1/16/20
to lacro...@googlegroups.com, lacro...@googlegroups.com
Unable to attend.

Matthew - Orange Computer

Jan 16, 2020, 5:42:25 PM1/16/20
to La Crosse Linux Users Group
I will give a **live demo** of OBS Studio. What could go wrong?

  -- Matthew

Michael White

Jan 16, 2020, 5:51:49 PM1/16/20
to lacro...@googlegroups.com, La Crosse Linux Users Group
Everything.

On Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 6:05:22 PM UTC-6, Pete Gruendeman wrote:
Hi Matthew:
     Are there any softwares that you will demonstrate for video editing, software that we might install and get familiar with before the meeting?
Pete Gruendeman

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

†††††††Original Message ††††††â€
On Wednesday, January 15, 2020 5:48 PM, Matthew - Orange Computer <in...@orangecomputerlax.com> wrote:

Hello Linux folks,

The second floor meeting room at the People's Food Co-op is reserved. Meeting starts at 6pm, Thursday, January 16th, 2020.

I'll be sharing some Linux news and things I've been working on. If you've been wanting to give a presentation on a particular topic, there's time for you to do that. Just give us a heads up by replying to this.

As mentioned at the last meeting, I had the goal of starting to publish videos before the end of the year. I have published 5 videos so far and met my goal of beginning before the end of 2019.

Publishing on LBRY and Youtube: https://lbry.tv/@retroedge.tech:4

Hope to see you Thursday evening!

   -- Matthew

---