outline.

KENYA P.

Dec 20, 2008, 12:55:31 PM12/20/08
to LACC English courses w/O'Connell
What did I do?
I wrote about the view of self of America. Cullen Murphy explained how
Rome had this superior view of themselves and that is one factor that
later lead to their demise. America is following the same path and
because of it will have the same result if changes aren’t made. The
United States is becoming the new Rome.

Why did I do what I did?
I chose this topic because it seemed interesting. And also, it is
something that is very visible in society today. It is visible even in
children and teenagers. The view of self that America shows is that we
are very superior and much more powerful then the other countries and
its ideas like this that are being fed to children causing them to
grow up thinking the same and never really changing.

What did you learn?
I learned that America is heading for their demise just as Rome did.
That if America continues that we will fall terribly. America has a
lot of intelligence that could be put to good use and we are wasting
it because we are using it so show how much more superior we are. By
underestimating the other cuntries, we are setting ourselves upfor
complete disaster. One example of that is 9/11. We didn’t believe that
we could be attacked by any country because we are superior but we
were wrong. Not only were we attacked, but we lost many and became
vulenerable. We saw ourselves as victims and in turn became afraid of
everything and everyone.

What else could be done?
We could teach children different ideas. Teach them that we are all
united and that nobody is superior than others. If we could teach
children this, and they grasp the concept well, then when they get
older they will spread those ideas. But we must help guide the people
to understand ideas that nobody is really superior than anyone.

Dec 27, 2008, 3:34:17 PM12/27/08
to LACC English courses w/O'Connell

Dec 27, 2008, 4:20:47 PM12/27/08
to LACC English courses w/O'Connell