labscript website down

Lin Dong

Nov 7, 2022, 3:03:34 AM11/7/22
to the labscript suite
Hi all,
I am new to labscript and I just noticed that the labscript website (https://labscriptsuite.org/) cannot be reached for some reason. Does this problem happen to everyone or just me? Please help, thanks.

Best,
Lin

screenshot_20221107_155852.png

Tomáš Lamich

Nov 7, 2022, 4:37:40 AM11/7/22
to labscri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lin,

I have the same problem as well.
Luckily you can get most of the information that is on the site also from github: the labscript suite, albeit there it is a bit more demanding to get to it.

Have a great day!
Tomas

Philip Starkey

Nov 7, 2022, 4:48:32 AM11/7/22
to labscri...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Sorry, looks like something has happened to the website hosting. We're looking into it :)

Cheers,
Phil
--
Philip Starkey

Lin Dong

Nov 7, 2022, 11:10:33 PM11/7/22
to the labscript suite
Thanks Tomas and Philip. I was trying to figure out how to build the labscript suite executables (.exe file) if I made any changes to the source code. I am currently using an anaconda developer installation. Should I use PyInstaller to generate the executables or something else? I'd very grateful for any help, thank you.

Best,
Lin

Chris Billington

Nov 7, 2022, 11:33:37 PM11/7/22
to labscri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lin,

You should not need to rebuild the .exes (i.e., the launchers in your Python environment's "Scripts" directory). They are created by pip or conda at install time, and are merely launchers that essentially run "python -m blacs" or similar, loading the source code from the .py files in "Lib\site-packages" (or in the source directories in your case). If you modify the .py files, the modifications should take effect without any rebuilding.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Lin Dong

Nov 8, 2022, 1:22:04 AM11/8/22
to the labscript suite
Hi Chris,

Got it, thank you for the help!

Best,
Lin

kwnm...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2022, 2:53:22 PM11/30/22
to the labscript suite
The website seems not reachable. Is it only me or the same for everyone?

dihm....@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2022, 9:50:44 AM12/4/22
to the labscript suite
It is not just you. labscriptsuite.org as a whole still appears to be done.

Probably not the most helpful, but in a pinch you can always build the html docs locally. The directions are described in the files here.

If you don't mind the arbitrariness, you can also still see test builds from submitted PRs. Just go to a PR with a successful build and look at the details (the red circled thing below). This will only work per project (ie cross-project links point to the down website still), so you'll need a PR for every project to see all the docs.

PRchecks.png

dihm....@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2022, 2:43:50 PM12/15/22
to the labscript suite
As an FYI, docs.labscriptsuite.org is back up and running. Phil is still working on getting the core labscriptsuite.org site back up.

-David