Error -200077 using pxi 6713

Yuna Park

Mar 2, 2023, 9:03:37 PM3/2/23
to the labscript suite
Hi,

I am trying to troubleshoot an error from using the digital output of a NI PXI 6713, which is connected to a Raspberry Pi Pico. While I can use an analog output using a runscript, I encounter an error about DAQ_mx_SampTimingType when I use digital outputs. I have tried different values for the property but encountered the same error. Could you advise how to address this? I attach the connection table and the error message.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Yuna Park
error.txt
connection_table.py
cameratest.py

Philip Starkey

Mar 3, 2023, 6:57:53 AM3/3/23
to labscri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yuna,

That NI card (pxi-6713) does not support buffered digital output. It's primarily an analog output card.

If you want to use the digital outputs as channels that stay constant throughout a shot (but can change from shot to shot), the DigitalOut entries in the connection table need to be replaced with StaticDigitalOut and the static_DO kwarg to the NI card should be left at its default value (e.g. don't provide it).

Alternatively, I suspect they could be placed on the NI 6351 you also have in your connection table.

Cheers,
Phil

--
Philip Starkey

Yuna Park

Mar 3, 2023, 3:16:15 PM3/3/23
to the labscript suite
Hi Philip,

Thank you for your quick response! I was unaware that the card did not support buffered digital.
It appears that the Trigger and TriggerableDevice only support digital triggers.
Could you suggest a solution if there were a way to trigger a camera using an analog output?

Best regards,

Yuna

dihm....@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2023, 3:01:56 PM3/10/23
to the labscript suite
Yuna,

Triggering from an Analog channel should be as simple as commanding a change in the constant output voltage level corresponding to your logic level. You'll need to confirm the analog channel can source enough current, but I think it should work fine.

As for getting labscript to allow it with a Camera, you might be able to use the Dummy Intermediate Device to create a dummy digital output that satisfies the Camera's Trigger requirements then manually command the analog channel at the correct time.

-David