Pineblaster

Aishik Panja

Jan 5, 2024, 11:17:57 AMJan 5
to the labscript suite
Hello,
I am trying to connect the pineblaster to labscript. My connection table is as follows:

from labscript import *
from labscript import Trigger, start, stop
from labscript_devices.PineBlaster import PineBlaster
from labscript_devices.DummyIntermediateDevice import DummyIntermediateDevice
PineBlaster(name='pineblaster',usbport='COM1')
if __name__ == '__main__':
    # Begin issuing labscript primitives
    # start() elicits the commencement of the shot
    start()
    # Stop the experiment shot with stop()
    stop(1.0)

I am getting the following error message on BLACS:
Capture.PNG

The device runs perfectly well with MPIDE so I don't think its a connection problem with the computer.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Aishik,
Purdue Univ

Philip Starkey

Jan 13, 2024, 2:20:36 AMJan 13
to the labscript suite
Hi Aishik,

If you are able to send commands from MPIDE over serial, and get sensible responses, that error messages usually means one of two things:
  1. The serial port is still open in MPIDE, which is stopping BLACS from opening it.
  2. It's not actually on COM1 as specified in your connection table, but another COM port. MPIDE will probably be able to tell you which one it's using. Alternatively, windows device manager usually can as well.
Hopefully one of these works for you. If it doesn't, I'm probably out of ideas. We haven't really maintained the firmware for that board, and I know there have been some significant changes to MPIDE over the years. For a more modern and cheaper pseudoclock device (~$5 USD), please check out the PrawnBlaster!

Cheers,
Phil