existing NI RFSG labscript support?

Alexander Chuang

Jul 1, 2022, 12:54:56 PM7/1/22
to the labscript suite
Hi all,
I am working on integrating a National Instruments RFSG (signal generator) card into my experiment (model PXI-5652).

On the off chance that someone else has already written their own implementation, would you be willing to share? (As an non-labscript related aside, I have already written a python wrapper, able to query the device ID, serial number, etc. but am having trouble getting the card to output RF; any pointers there would be greatly appreciated!)

And of course, I'd be happy to add a module to labscript_devices once the code is working.

-Alex

dihm....@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2022, 3:58:30 PM7/11/22
to the labscript suite
Alex,

Not that this is especially helpful (as you've hopefully already found them), but you may want to consult the PyDAQmx and pynivision packages which also provide python wrappers for NI libraries. The DAQmx one is particularly awesome as it actually introspects all the wrappers from the C headers directly which greatly reduces the amount of boiler-plate stuff that has to be written.

-David