Implementing a HP Agilent 33120A Signal generator.

Dominik Pfeiffer

Feb 13, 2024, 10:01:15 AMFeb 13
to the labscript suite
Hi all,
has anyone by chance already implemented a HP Agilent 33120A signal generator into Labscript?
We are currently using a standalone python script to send parameters to the device like amplitudes, waveforms and frequencies but I would like to have the device implemented in LabScript to automatically change specially the frequency.

Cheers,
Dominik

dihm....@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2024, 8:02:43 PMFeb 13
to the labscript suite
Dominik,

I have a fairly simple implementation (covering static frequency and amplitude control) that should easily extend to this model in our lab bin of random labscript devices. We use a lot of random sig gens that are highly similar so I went a little overboard in abstraction. If you only need static signal and amplitude, you likely only need to overload a class with bounds for your device and be good to go.

Docs are very lacking, but I'm happy to help if things are unusually difficult to follow.

-David

Dominik Pfeiffer

Feb 16, 2024, 6:07:02 AMFeb 16
to the labscript suite
Hi David,

Thanks for the reply mentioning your implementations.
I will have a look at the docs and all the classes and if I stumble into some issues I will let you know.

Best,
Dominik