Problem with NI PCI-6259 "NI_DAQmxAcquisitionWorker"

Pedro Henrique Cook Cunha

May 16, 2023, 9:46:50 AM5/16/23
to the labscript suite
Hello everyone!

I am trying to setup labscript to use a NI PCI-6259 board through remote control (the board is on the remote PC), and I'm having the following error:

Exception in worker - Tue May 16, 09:51:45 :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\USER\anaconda3\envs\py38\lib\site-packages\labscript_devices\NI_DAQmx\blacs_workers.py", line 442, in init
    self.start_task(self.manual_mode_chans, self.manual_mode_rate)
  File "C:\Users\USER\anaconda3\envs\py38\lib\site-packages\labscript_devices\NI_DAQmx\blacs_workers.py", line 517, in start_task
    if self.AI_timebase_terminal is None:
AttributeError: 'NI_DAQmxAcquisitionWorker' object has no attribute 'AI_timebase_terminal'

Overall, I believe that all settings and installations on both computers that i'm using are working correctly (properly installed NI Max on both pcs, used the get_capabilities and generate_subclasses commands to generate the proper 6259 files aswell on both PCs). I say this because I am already managing to use a stingray camera remotely without having similar problems. Furthermore, it has been confirmed that the zlock's computer does see the board.

However, before writing this question, I looked two more things: i verified that the problem is not in the board (tested two NI boards, same error with both); if i use the board in the zlock computer, the BLACS works normally.

Considering all this, and the fact that the error description clearly mentions the worker PC, I would suggest that the error does might have something to do with the configuration of the computers after all.

I appreciate any assistance you can provide!

Best regards,
Pedro

Philip Starkey

May 16, 2023, 10:53:24 AM5/16/23
to labscri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro,

It kind of sounds like the versions of labscript_devices might not be the same on both PCs. Can you check that and/or update them? Specifically I think that error would occur of the labscript_devices on the primary BLACS machine was behind the version on the remote PC.

Could be something else of course, but I'd start with checking that.

Cheers
Phil

Pedro Henrique Cook Cunha

May 19, 2023, 12:42:25 PM5/19/23
to labscri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

Thank you very much for your suggestion, it has turned out to be indeed the solution to our problem.

I can't say for sure which particular extension was outdated, as I took the opportunity to just update everything that I could think of (labscript_devices, blacs, and even stuff like numpy). Fortunately, everything worked in the end.

Best regards,
Pedro

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "the labscript suite" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/labscriptsuite/CALhC6GgWYTeg%2BKLpwg5tD3LXFAQVw9yqooN16VHxuraBuDOksg%40mail.gmail.com.