Re: Unable to increase log size

Message has been deleted

Zak V

Apr 21, 2021, 1:25:40 PM4/21/21
to the labscript suite
Hi Michael,

I haven't played around with this feature, but did you restart zlog after changing your labconfig? It runs in the background so you'll have to kill it from the task manager (or your os's equivalent of task manager if you're not on Windows) or you can just restart your computer.

Cheers,
Zak

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 1:03:59 PM UTC-4 Michael D. wrote:

Hello,

I'm attempting to increase the log sizes because I need to consistently log larger periods of time. I added the following to my labconfig file:

[logging]
maxBytes = 1048576000
backupCount = 5

But it seems to get ignored. Labscript proceeds to wipe out the log after it hits 52k KB. I then tried to see if I could lower it, and set the maxBytes to 1000 and the logs don't reset at 1KB, but continues to grow past this lower size. Even at this lower setting it still resets the logs at 52k KB.

Judging by the code in labscript_utils it is supposed to check for 'logging' and 'maxBytes', but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Michael D.

Apr 21, 2021, 2:41:11 PM4/21/21
to the labscript suite
Hi Zak,

Thanks! Resetting the computer did the trick.