Hopp til første uleste melding

clay_t

ulest,
11. okt. 2022, 13:53:3311.10.2022
til the labscript suite
All,
       I am new to labscript suite.  I am having trouble compiling my connection table in run manager. I need help.

First, where exactly  (folders and subfolders) should the connection.py file  be located for it to be compiled properly?

Second, when I compile the connection table in run manager, I get the following errors (The name in the configuration file is example_apparatus):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\cesimien\labscript-suite\userlib\labscriptlib\example_apparatus\connection_table.py", line 3, in <module>
    from labscript_devices.PulseBlaster.PulseBlaster.labscript_devices import PulseBlaster
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'labscript_devices.PulseBlaster.PulseBlaster'; 'labscript_devices.PulseBlaster' is not a package
Compilation aborted.

Third,  where exactly  (folders and subfolders) should the experiment.py file be located for it to be compiled properly?

please help, and thank you, and take care

Clayton

Johannes Schabbauer

ulest,
13. okt. 2022, 04:32:5513.10.2022
til the labscript suite
Hi Clayton,

I also started working with labscript quite recently, so maybe I can help you.

The location where your connection(_table).py file has to be located is defined in the labconfig/*hostname*.ini file. This is by default in userlib/labscriptlib/*apparatus_name*, where apparatus_name is defined in the .ini file. The filename is defined in connection_table_py. So if you rename your file or store it in another folder, you have to change those two variables.

For the PulseBlaster device, the class structure is not in separate files as recommended in the current docs, but the older way in a single file. Importing it as "from labscript_devices.PulseBlaster import PulseBlaster" should work. (If you import a PrawnBlaster, that would be done the as you wrote).

The experiment file you execute in runmanager does not have any location it must be stored in, you just select it in runmanger as labscript file. In principle it should make sense to just store it in the same folder as the connection_table.

Best wishes,
Johannes

clay_t

ulest,
13. okt. 2022, 16:30:1013.10.2022
til the labscript suite
Thanks Johannes, I really appreciate your help.

Take Care,
Clayton

Svar alle
Svar til forfatter