Mako camera does not open

Nelson Werum

Jun 3, 2024, 11:19:22 AMJun 3
to the labscript suite
Hey all,

first of all, many thanks to the whole team that developed the labscript suite, we have been using it in our laboratory for 2 months and are delighted with its handling. Also thank you Rohit Prasad Bhatt for developing a Mako camera device!

When trying to use your code, I am currently running into a problem that I have not yet managed to solve on my own. I thought maybe someone has already had the same problem and can help me.

We use a Mako camera of the model G-040.

After trying to initialize the camera in the connection table with:
MakoCamera('Mako', parent_device=daq, connection= 'port0/line0', serial_number='537062164')

i run into following issue:Screenshot 2024-06-03 162900.png
Screenshot 2024-06-03 162850.png

The camera used is certainly recognised by the computer, I have confirmed this by a ping test of the ip address and it is also successfully displayed in the Vimba viewer with the correct serial number and camera_id. I have also written a small test code in which I try to open the camera via camera_id instead of the serial number. The camera is also recognised here but opening the camera does not work. This I know because the camera.info and camera.camera_id can be outputted correctly and the error occurs afterwards when trying to call camera.open(camera_access_mode=1).

I appreciate any hint and help. Thank you for your time!

Best regards,
Nelson