Data analysis: lyse data frame and shot storage have conflicting information

Edita Bytyqi

Mar 27, 2024, 9:56:04 AMMar 27
to the labscript suite
Hi,

I am using runmanager to send shots to BLACS. I have defined a global "detuning" and give it an array of 5 values with 10 shots for each value (total 50 shots) and tell it to shuffle through the array. When I look at the global value on Lyse as shots are coming through I can clearly see that it is randomly selecting a value from the array. So when I want to do data analysis, if I import the data frame from Lyse, I get the correct thing.

However, if I just try to call the shot file by giving it the file path name and then use a command such as 'shot.detuning[i] for i in range (50)' then it outputs the array I pasted onto the runmanager with each value being repeated 10 times.

For example, if I send detuning = np.array([0,1,2,3,4]),  then it will output np.array([0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,....,4,4,4,4]) which is incorrect.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? It looks like the only way to get the correct value is by working with the data frame instead of the shot files.

Thanks!

Andrea Fantini

Mar 27, 2024, 10:14:19 AMMar 27
to labscri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edita,

I am not sure I understood it well.
How are you engaging 10 shots each ax(outer) value?

For example I created a new "void" ax called n_shoots=10 if I want to have a N=10 statistic on each value of ax.
In this way I never had problems, I end up with 10xN_of_values shots files, and every time I call dataframe=data(path) -> current_value=dataframe['my_value'] I get the right shot value.

If you want to recal the whole array, I seggest you to either collect all different values along the whole dataframe of shots, maybe into a dictionary, or to interrogate globals through runmanager.remote.

Hoping I have been useful..
Bests,
Andy

Andrea Fantini