Possible bug causing garbage in logs

Junheng Tao

Mar 4, 2024, 8:30:22 PMMar 4
to the labscript suite

labscript_bug.PNG
It is interesting to find out that somehow the labscript suite wrote logs that ate up all our disk volume. We idled the BLACS and lyse for a few months without restarting the computer. Just reporting it in case it is a real bug.

Best,
Junheng

dihm....@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2024, 2:06:29 PMApr 30
to the labscript suite
Junheng,

Apologies for a very slow response. This definitely should not happen, but I believe it was possible once upon a time. The python logging library should be configured in modern labscript to automatically roll-over the log once it hits a certain size to prevent this. What version of labscript_utils are you running?

-David