Share your feedback with the team

Labelmaker Team

Jan 16, 2020, 5:59:00 PM1/16/20
to label...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We are thrilled to release Labelmaker, an easy to use mail merge tool for the G Suite.

To improve the add-on and make Labelmaker even better, we encourage you to share here all your feedback.
To help you get started, here are a few questions that we would love to get your answers on:
  • What do you think of your experience with Labelmaker so far?
  • How long did it take to create your first merge?
  • What was clear enough? What wasn't?
  • If there's only one thing that is missing, what would it be?
Thanks a lot & happy merge!

PS: We are working hard to improve the add-on and make it fully reliable. If you have any errors, please create another topic.

Tami Sweeney

Jan 16, 2020, 6:04:19 PM1/16/20
to Labelmaker
I seem to import ok but then unable to confirm fields....what's up?

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 2:59:00 PM UTC-8, Labelmaker Team wrote:
Hi everyone,

We are thrilled to release Labelmaker, an easy to use mail merge tool for the G Suite.

To improve the add-on and make Labelmaker even better, we encourage you to share here all your feedback.
To help you get started, here are a few questions that we would love to get your answers on:
  • What do you think of your experience with Labelmaker so far?
  • How long did it take to create your first merge?
  • What was clear enough? What wasn't?
  • If there's only one thing that is missing, what would it be?
Thanks a lot & happy merge!

Please note, that we are working hard to improve the add-on and make it fully reliable, if you have any errors, it's best to create another topic.

Labelmaker Team

Jan 16, 2020, 6:11:42 PM1/16/20
to Labelmaker
Hi Tami,

Could you please create another topic to detail more precisely what's your error about? This thread is for feedback only.

Thanks a lot
- Team

efha...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2020, 9:04:05 PM1/18/20
to Labelmaker
Hello, I am having trouble accessing my labelmaker. I go to "add-ons" then "lablemaker" and then the only option is the "help" tab. How do I create new labels?

verb...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2020, 1:54:03 PM1/19/20
to Labelmaker

Jean - Labelmaker

Jan 19, 2020, 3:24:42 PM1/19/20
to Labelmaker
Hello,
This may happen after installing the add-on.
Please try closing the window and browser and retry.
Also, ensure that you are logged in on the account where you have installed the add-on (you can check this in the top right corner of your window)

Let us know if that helps!

vival...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2020, 10:13:02 PM1/23/20
to Labelmaker
So far experience is not good. I downloaded the Labelmaker and when I click on add ons then Avery Labelmaker the only option is Help. Nothing else.

Labelmaker Team

Jan 24, 2020, 1:29:56 AM1/24/20
to Labelmaker
Hi there,
Sorry to hear that, sometimes it takes time to authenticate your new installation on your Google Account.
Could you try this:  logging out from your Google account, closing your browser and try again?

crystal.ma...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2020, 7:19:01 PM2/9/20
to Labelmaker
Doesn't allow me to create labels even after installing the add on. only allows me to click "help."

Labelmaker Team

Feb 10, 2020, 2:11:32 AM2/10/20
to Labelmaker
Hello,
Can you try the following:
- refresh the page
- quit your browser and try again
- if that does not work, try logging out from your Google account and try again

Let us know how it goes?

raltsc...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2020, 7:10:22 PM2/10/20
to Labelmaker

The label making process was excellent, however, there are no templates for the 18262 Label I picked up at Walmart.  Neither are any of the compatible templates in the add-on: 48462, 48862, 5162, 5262, 5522, 5654, 5962, 6445, 6455, 8162, 8252, 8462, 95522, Presta 94206

Hope they come soon - thanks!

bl...@faceandeye.com

Feb 11, 2020, 7:20:59 PM2/11/20
to Labelmaker
Pretty simple to mail merge from a Google Sheet to Google Doc
It only took a few minutes to create the first merge
Instructions are clear and simple
What is missing:
1. It will only find spreadsheets in 'My Drive' not a shared drive (that we use to store the Google Sheet).
2. It does not remember my selections from the last 10 times I created labels the same way - the same Sheet, the same Avery template and the same merge fields - I have to type them in every time.
3. The formatting options are extremely limited - I manually add spaces between the <<First Name>> <<Last Name>>      <<DOB>> to try to line things up on the label, but it changes with each label.  Can we make it full justify, or allow formatting to display the labels the way I want?

Labelmaker Team

Feb 12, 2020, 2:44:34 AM2/12/20
to Labelmaker
Hello Blake,
Thanks a lot for your detailed feedback. To answer your questions:
1 - At the moment, the Google File picker retrieves files located on your Drive only, you would have to copy shared Documents to your Drive to access them in LabelMaker.
2 - Saving preferences is definitely on the roadmap of features request. Thanks for suggesting this.
3 - We do plan to add more formatting options in the next versions too.

Additional questions:
> apart from justifying, do you wish to have other formatting options?
> how have your different merges been so far? have you tried to print labels yet?

Thanks for using LabelMaker,

marys...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2020, 6:41:25 PM2/13/20
to Labelmaker
I was unable to import the third line of my address data accurately, it displayed the field name and not the data.
The first two lines were correct (name and street address).

Labelmaker Team

Feb 14, 2020, 3:02:25 AM2/14/20
to Labelmaker
Hi,
We have answered your question in the topic you have created.
Keep us posted,

angiem...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2020, 9:16:15 PM2/15/20
to Labelmaker
I don't want to merge labels I would like to create and print return address labels. Is there a way to do this with the ability to have backgrounds and images as well as the return address information? Sorry, not the computer guru...

david....@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2020, 1:32:01 PM2/16/20
to Labelmaker

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 5:59:00 PM UTC-5, Labelmaker Team wrote:
No errors, but you're missing a few useful templates like business cards.  Also, the inability to format the output data (size, font, centering) makes it only useful for a pretty small set of outputs.

FC

Feb 16, 2020, 5:04:50 PM2/16/20
to Labelmaker
Hi David,

Thanks a lot. We are adding more labels this week. If there's a particular one that you want, feel free to add it to the list here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/labelmaker/5VzevJ1cmbI

Regarding formatting, you can format the output right into Google Doc. We will add a tutorial on that soon. But indeed, you need to do it after the merge. Not before.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. The add-on is very new (1 month old) and we're improving it a lot.

Best,
FC

david....@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2020, 6:44:35 PM2/16/20
to Labelmaker

On Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 5:04:50 PM UTC-5, FC wrote:
Hi David,

Thanks a lot. We are adding more labels this week. If there's a particular one that you want, feel free to add it to the list here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/labelmaker/5VzevJ1cmbI

Regarding formatting, you can format the output right into Google Doc. We will add a tutorial on that soon. But indeed, you need to do it after the merge. Not before.

Is there a way to selective apply font changes to the output?  I was making emergency cards for my family. I wanted the name in larger bold font, the name/address (fields 1-3) centered, and the contacts (fields 4-7) left justified.  I could obviously have selected the entire doc and changed some of those things, but I didn't see an obvious way to just change the first field to large bold, the second to centered, etc. If there is a way, than a tutorial would be great since I clearly missed it.

-- Dave

FC

Feb 20, 2020, 4:24:37 AM2/20/20
to Labelmaker
Hi David,

Sorry for my late reply.

Unfortunately, right now, you neew to apply the formating to each label individually.
I know it's definitely not practicable - especially when you have an important number of labels to print.

That's definitely the next thing that we gonna work on.
I'll keep you posted once it's done.

Best,
FC

jane...@tosca.net.au

Feb 27, 2020, 10:55:14 PM2/27/20
to Labelmaker
Thank you for the add-on.

I just have a small issue, when I type the various addresses into my spreadsheet, and then click create, they're not showing on the doc. instead its just filling each box with my merge headings... is there something i'm missing here?

Labelmaker Team

Feb 28, 2020, 2:33:11 AM2/28/20
to Labelmaker
Dear Janelle,
We are going to help!
Can you make sure your headers exactly match with merge fields?
For example "Firstname" is not the same as "firstname". Let us know if this helps, otherwise, we will dig deeper.

Janelle Rench

Oct 12, 2020, 2:28:00 PM10/12/20
to Labelmaker
why when I go to buy this for $69.99 It says I need to pay $79.99?????

Labelmaker Team

Oct 13, 2020, 12:29:15 AM10/13/20
to Labelmaker
Hi Janelle,
Thank you for spotting this mistake. It will be fixed shortly, in the next version of the add-on.
Also, I'm glad we could discuss by email afterwards and wanted to thank you for your trust.

Jean from Labelmaker Team

Nancy Campbell

Oct 16, 2020, 11:27:17 AM10/16/20
to Labelmaker
Trying to remove the trial from my google doc.  Would like to cancel?  How do I do that?  Thank you

Labelmaker Team

Oct 17, 2020, 1:20:31 AM10/17/20
to Labelmaker
Hi Nancy, the trial is a free period when you can use the add-on.
I just checked and it seems you don't have any paid subscriptions. Let us know what you would like to cancel?

Hope this helps,

Bob Faszczewski

Nov 22, 2020, 11:28:42 AM11/22/20
to Labelmaker
Can you add the template for Avery Label 5524-a full sheet of labels? Thank You.

FC

Nov 25, 2020, 4:32:57 AM11/25/20
to Labelmaker
Hi Rob,

I believe that one is already available under "Avery US Letter - 5524 WeatherProof Film Shipping Labels (Portrait-only)"
Can you confirm it's the one you are looking after?

Best,
Message has been deleted

Cara Starns

Dec 22, 2021, 1:04:50 PM12/22/21
to Labelmaker
I have the template open and a spreadsheet selected --- but when I go to select "sheet" and "merge field"... the drop boxes are empty.

Help! I have 300 addresses to merge.

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 5:59:00 PM UTC-5 Labelmaker Team wrote:
Hi everyone,

We are thrilled to release Labelmaker, an easy to use mail merge tool for the G Suite.

To improve the add-on and make Labelmaker even better, we encourage you to share here all your feedback.
To help you get started, here are a few questions that we would love to get your answers on:
  • What do you think of your experience with Labelmaker so far?
  • How long did it take to create your first merge?
  • What was clear enough? What wasn't?
  • If there's only one thing that is missing, what would it be?
Thanks a lot & happy merge!

Daniel Barragan

Dec 22, 2021, 4:43:52 PM12/22/21
to Labelmaker
Can you add a feature to kepk label on descending order and in the order they are on the spreadsheet?

Lucy Ride

Dec 23, 2021, 3:40:57 AM12/23/21
to Labelmaker
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your message.
Could you please tell me a little bit more about the feature you'd like? I'm not sure to completely understand and it is precious to us!

Thanking you in advance,
Warm regards,