[Announcement] Lifetime and Yearly licenses available

Labelmaker Team

Sep 9, 2020, 8:46:51 AM9/9/20
to label...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone 👋

We're introducing premium plans to Labelmaker. This post explains what's going to change and why we are doing it.

What's new?

After a 7-days period of free trial, you will have the choice to keep the free version or upgrade to one of our paid plans. While most features will still be available in the free version, upgrading will give you the ability to print labels & badges for your mailing list from a Google Spreadsheet.

All the labels (about 1000 templates available!) remain in the free version and we are planning to add more very soon.

Why Labelmaker is not free?

Labelmaker has grown to more than 1.5 million users in just a few months. It's amazing to see that many people using our add-on, and we hope it's making your life a bit easier.

We want your merge experience to remain the best possible and continue adding new features and labels to Labelmaker. That's why we decided to introduce premium plans.

Who is behind Labelmaker?

Before Labelmaker, there used to be a free label merge add-on called Avery Label merge. However, this add-on was discontinued by Avery. A great number of long time users, including us, missed the opportunity to print labels using Google Docs or Google Sheets. That's why we decided to fix this!

We are Jean & Corentin, a team of two independent makers, based in Paris, France. In the past, we have built several of the most popular add-ons on the Google Suite Marketplace.

Developing apps that make everyone's work a little less boring is how we make a living and a daily source of delight.

I can't afford to pay, what can I do?

If the pricing happens to be a problem, please tell us your story and why Labelmaker would be a great addition to your workflow.

Also, when upgrading, you will be offered several options to support the add-on while keeping the benefits of the premium features for free.

Keep us posted should you need anything,

Jean & Corentin

Labelmaker Team - labelsmerge.com

Julie Smith

Sep 19, 2020, 5:20:27 PM9/19/20
to Labelmaker
I am all for paying people for their work, but I have to tweak my document every single time I print. It does not automatically fit the Avery labels. Will this be fixed? Or are there different labels you recommend?

Thanks!
Julie Smith

FC

Sep 20, 2020, 3:30:12 PM9/20/20
to Labelmaker
Hi Julie,

I’m really sorry that you’re having an issue.

All labels have been tested and should let you print labels easily without having to tweak the document.
Could you please let me know which template it is?

Best,
- FC

Jared Foerch

Sep 24, 2020, 10:24:06 PM9/24/20
to Labelmaker
Avery 5160 is off. Column 1 looks great, column 2 gets a little closer to the left edge, column 3 is exactly on the left edge. You fix this and I will consider paying.

FC

Sep 25, 2020, 4:24:28 AM9/25/20
to Labelmaker
Hi Jared,

We thoroughly test all templates before rolling them out and 5160 was "pixel-perfect".
Can you confirm you are printing it with margins set to "NONE"? Could you take a picture of the misalignments that you see?

Best,
- FC

MTHEA

Sep 25, 2020, 3:50:30 PM9/25/20
to Labelmaker
Hi Labelmarker Team,

I am the office manager for a non-profit organization that helps homeschool families get the information and resources they need in Middle Tennessee. We have had an increase in information requests recently because of Covid and school closings, but we have also lost money due to not being able to host our events as normal.

Labelmaker has been SO incredibly helpful to me and our organization, saving me time and the organization money. We are so disappointed that it is no longer free and we would ask you to consider allowing our organization to use it for free as we are not in a position to pay for it at the movement.

Blessings,
Hannah Wages
MTHEA office manager

JACQUELINE WANG

Sep 29, 2020, 8:30:56 AM9/29/20
to Labelmaker
As an elementary teacher, paying for labels I use mostly at the beginning of the school year is not an option for me. I will continue using the free service.

Sherry Fox

Sep 30, 2020, 2:17:13 PM9/30/20
to Labelmaker
AVERY LABEL 5160: I am having the same problem as previous commenter (except width margins are fine; label text runs over to the next label): labels look fine onscreen BUT when I print, they are not within each label border.
I did download the extension for viewing gridlines on labels, and it looks fine onscreen.
Onscreen view:

I can't get it to look like this on the actual labels, though. Starting on the second line of labels, the length of text is too long to fit the label (even though the screen shot shows that they do fit). The rest of the page is pushed on down. Suggestions? Or fix this problem?

Frenchcooc FC

Oct 1, 2020, 3:07:13 AM10/1/20
to Sherry Fox, Labelmaker
Hi Sherry,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Do you mind sharing a picture (taken with your phone for example) to illustrate the misalignment?

Also can you double check that you print with margins set to NONE?

Best
FC

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Act and shall be disclosed to third parties when required by Chapter 132 of the North Carolina General Statutes.

Sherry Fox

Oct 1, 2020, 9:02:41 AM10/1/20
to Frenchcooc FC, Labelmaker
I had to change the font to make it smaller (which doesn't really work for us and took many hours to figure out, since we couldn't see the label borders) to finally get text to fit labels. I had to download a Chrome extension that allows the user to see the gridlines on the label in the document draft in Google Sheets https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/view-google-docs-gridline/lbohcfngcgaobdneahninbodohilfpbn

And yes, I made sure the selection for Margins was None.

Sherry L. Fox
Holt Library Assistant, Southwestern Community College
she, her, hers

447 College Dr  Sylva NC 28779
828.339.4271 (main library number: 828.339.4288)

Frenchcooc FC

Oct 1, 2020, 11:53:08 AM10/1/20
to Sherry Fox, Labelmaker
Thanks for reporting this Sherry. Google Docs doesn’t let you see gridlines, that’s why we recommend you to install that Chrome extension.

It’s working on your end now if I get it right? Anything that you would recommend us to improve to make life easier for next users?

Thanks,
-FC

Sherry Fox

Oct 1, 2020, 12:41:22 PM10/1/20
to Frenchcooc FC, Labelmaker
Thank you. I'm happy to be able to get labels from Google products and have always used Avery labels since they are so dependable in quality. But like everything else, what Google sees as intuitive isn't always intuitive to the end user. It's more a struggle with Google sheets ("oh please let me keep my Excel!!!") which our school has embraced. Sheets lacks much of the functionality of Excel.

Thanks for your time and I appreciate your prompt response.
Sherry

Sherry L. Fox
Holt Library Assistant, Southwestern Community College
she, her, hers

447 College Dr  Sylva NC 28779
828.339.4271 (main library number: 828.339.4288)

Eddie Gutch

Oct 3, 2020, 12:49:29 PM10/3/20
to Labelmaker
Hi Sherry, I'm having the same problem, but for some reason my scale was set to 95. I changed it to 100 and it worked fine.

Sherry Fox

Teresa Repass

Oct 19, 2020, 12:08:27 PM10/19/20
to label...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am definitely sold in this add-on but can you please add Presta 94256? It is the only reason I have the add-on, I use this label for my fabrication tags. Right now I am making it work by copy & paste (no complaints there) but if I have to pay, it is only fair the template is available.

Thank you!

-T

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 8:46 AM Labelmaker Team <he...@labelsmerge.com> wrote:

[...]

Labelmaker Team

Oct 20, 2020, 10:57:09 AM10/20/20
to Labelmaker
Hello T, it's great that you mention the label Presta 94256.
We have just added this one today, you will find it under Avery US Letter in Labelmaker.

Roman Dutour

Nov 3, 2020, 12:33:17 PM11/3/20
to Labelmaker
thx
Message has been deleted

Michael Cestari

May 5, 2021, 9:19:22 AMMay 5
to Labelmaker
Hello,

I belong to a senior citizens non profit group where we have mass mailing only a few times a year so purchasing a label maker is not practical.   The free version with it limited function is all we need. Is there anyway to reactivate my free version?
Thank you
Knowlton Township Seniors

Gregory Gotta

Jul 4, 2021, 6:00:32 PMJul 4
to Labelmaker
I am running a 50th Class reunion, and would like to be able to print name badge labels...we are running this at cost and seems paying for a subscription in not much of an option....any chance I can get this for free until October (event is 10/9)...only expect to print ~100 or so....

thanks
Greg