Fwd: Display errors in firefox 29 and windows 8

Scott Cytacki

Jun 12, 2014, 7:50:32 PM6/12/14
to lab-models

Bug report:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Einar Berg" <einar...@ntfk.no>
Date: Jun 12, 2014 2:29 AM
Subject: Display errors in firefox 29 and windows 8
To: "Scott Cytacki" <scyt...@concord.org>

See the attached image. I was looking in the bug list and the discussion group for a report on this error, but could not find anything. Every simulation run in firefox (29.0.1) on windows 8 looks like this.

In other browsers things are ok, except for the reported https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/442903/stories/69926466

regards

Einar Berg

 --

Olav Duun VGS, Yrkesveien 1, 7800 Namsos
Mobil: 41627243

Screenshot 2014-06-12 08.10.35.png

Dan Damelin

Jun 16, 2014, 11:43:58 AM6/16/14
to lab-m...@googlegroups.com
Works fine on OS X Firefox 30 and 31, and Windows 7 (running in VM) Firefox 30.

Does anyone else have a Windows 8 machine to try this on? Is it still a problem on FF 30 on Windows 8?

-Dan

<Screenshot 2014-06-12 08.10.35.png>

Piotr Janik

Jun 17, 2014, 6:02:42 AM6/17/14
to lab-m...@googlegroups.com
I tried Windows 8 / FF 29 on SauceLabs and also couldn't see this problem. However Windows 8 on SauceLabs is not a real Windows 8. Other, more general problem is hardware acceleration on VMs - perhaps it depends on specific VM configuration, I bet quite often it may be disabled, so WebGL is not used.

It would be nice to test it on "real" Windows 8 machine and check FF 29, 30 and 31. As usual, when problem occurs only on very specific OS / browser combination, it's quite likely it's a browser issue and hopefully it'll be fixed in the next release (but it would be nice to confirm that).

Regards,
Piotr

Jen Goree

Jun 17, 2014, 10:28:28 AM6/17/14
to lab-m...@googlegroups.com
I just tried the prod and dev versions of lab.concord.org on FF30 on my Windows 8 machine here at home and didn't see the issue.

Jen Goree
jgo...@concord.org
Software Portfolio and Project Manager
The Concord Consortium

Einar Berg

Nov 10, 2014, 12:04:21 PM11/10/14
to lab-m...@googlegroups.com
This has been a graphics card driver problem. I made a manual update of the driver on my HP elitebook folio 9470m, and the rendering problems went away.

Thanks!