Re: model slow down, is this known? Is it a bug?

Jen Goree

Dec 4, 2014, 11:52:45 AM12/4/14
to Nathan Kimball, lab-m...@googlegroups.com
Nathan - sorry for not responding to this sooner, I've just gone in and taken a look. I don't know why it is slowing down, so I'm cc'ing lab-models.

Does anyone else know? I've attached a screenshot so that you can see the graphs; the issue is that the vibration of the atoms slows down after a minute or so, like they're getting tired.

Interestingly, I could reproduce it on Chrome and Firefox but not on Safari.

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Nathan Kimball <nkim...@concord.org> wrote:
Hi Jen,

Wondering if you have seen this.  In this model,

the left hand blob of molecules slows down, even in vacuum over the course of about 2 minutes.

This is not a case of transfer of energy.  The graph shows constant energy...something about the way the model visualizes the motion.

-Nathan

Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 11.42.51 AM.png

Sam Fentress

Dec 4, 2014, 12:29:48 PM12/4/14
to lab-models, Nathan Kimball
It looks to me that the graph is taking up processing-speed or memory.

If you remove the graph, the slow down does not appear. I ran two models side-by-side, with and without the graph, and the slow down was apparent only in the version with the graph.

Sam

Jen Goree

Dec 5, 2014, 10:19:50 AM12/5/14
to lab-m...@googlegroups.com, Nathan Kimball
So this is a graph bug we should track?

Jen Goree
jgo...@concord.org
Software Portfolio and Project Manager
The Concord Consortium

Scott Cytacki

Dec 5, 2014, 10:54:46 AM12/5/14
to lab-models, Nathan Kimball
We knew about this issue before. But I don't know if we have a bug for it.
It might be appropriate to put this bug here:

Especially since I think the netlogo group is using it, and it would probably be helpful for them to see that issue is known.
Scott Cytacki
The Concord Consortium