Meeting minutes for December.

Andrew

Jan 4, 2013, 8:40:39 PM1/4/13
to la...@googlegroups.com
Hi 49ers!

Here are the meeting minutes for December's Chapter meeting at CP Aviation.

  1. Barrett Hines, our treasurer, presented our chapter's financials; we are in very sound shape and have more than adequate resources to fund social activities, coaching sessions, etc. --  The membership should feel free to make suggestions for good ways to use our funds for the benefit of our club.
  2. Officer elections were completed; the 2013 officers are:
    • President - Chris Olmsted
    • VP - Andrew Slatkin
    • Treasurer - Barrett Hines
    • Secretary - Colleen Keller
  3. Our board currently has four directors: Casey Erickson, AJ Wilder, Bill Warburton, Courtner Allen.  There is still room on the board for additional members who would like to take a more active role in Chapter 49's leadership; contact an officer if you would like to become a director!
  4. Chapter dues have been re-instituted in 2013.  This year, our dues will be $20.
  5. Contest planning has begun:
    • Chris Olmsted will be the Contest Director for our Gold Cup contest in Apple Valley
    • The dates for the Apple Valley contest are Thursday, 5/2/2013, through Sunday, 5/5/2013 (registration day through "rain day," respectively)
    • Potentially, a second contest that would be held in July is also under consideration.  The two possibilities are: (a) holding another Inland Empire "Strikes Back" contest in Redlands, or (b) holding a minifest-type contest in Santa Paula.  This will be a topic for further discussion at our 5January BBQ at Apple Valley Airport
    • Conceptual planning for the Gold Cup contest was also kicked off
  • It's going to be a GREAT 2013!
All the best,

Andrew