Catching up.

Andrew

Dec 14, 2010, 11:27:18 PM12/14/10
to LAAC - IAC Chapter 49
Hi Gang,

Let me start by explaining why there hasn't been a posting since the
meeting reminder of 11/6. We, indeed, had a very productive chapter
meeting the following day. Unfortunately, not long thereafter, I
injured my back quite severely and subsequently dropped the ball
regarding many follow up activities for the chapter, most notably,
providing you our latest chapter news. I do apologize.

Regarding news, personally, I am so happy to report that the back
surgery I had twelve days ago was successful, and my doctor expects me
to make a complete recovery... eventually.

Now, onto the latest highlights from your chapter! First, I'll
provide the minutes from the 11/7 general meeting (compiled by Colleen
Keller, our new Secretary). Then, shortly, I'll post to this site our
latest chapter news from 12/13.

10s!

Andrew

----------11/7 Minutes (originally drafted 11/9)-----------
>A Chapter 49 membership meeting was held on Saturday, 6 November 2010,
>at Redlands airport at 11AM. Present were Andrew Brett Slatkin, Casey Erickson,
>Barrett Hines, Gray Brandt, Colleen Keller, and Jason Wondolleck. Brett, Colleen,
>and Barrett all flew in for the event despite the deteriorating weather. Casey hosted
>the meeting at the office of her new business, Allways Aviation.

>We held elections and the following people were elected to positions that will start in
>December:

>President: Andrew Brett Slatkin
>Vice President: Casey Ann Erickson
>Treasurer: Barrett Hines
>Secretary: Colleen Keller

>Positions for "Board Members-At-Large" are still available. Over the past years, we have
>had much individual participation at this level. It allows chapter members to have a
>bit more say regarding our direction. If interested, please contact any officer.

>We discussed the contest schedule for 2011. Our exciting news is that Chapter 49
>together with Chapter 36 plans to host a mini contest at KREI to kick off the 2011 SOCAL
>season. The mini contest will take place in March (actual date still TBD). The tentative
>name of the contest will be "The Inland Empire Strikes Back."

>Jason provided great insight into coordinating with the town of Redlands and with new
>potential sponsorship.

>We discussed putting together a poster advertising every IAC event in SOCAL in 2011,
>for distribution to local flight schools, to generate interest and participation in contests.

>We have heard that Chapter 26 intends to host a formal Basic Judges' School and that
>Michael Church/Sunrise Aviation is planning to hold an Advanced Judges' School. If so,
>then Chapter 49 would like to host one or more less formal, practical, judges' clinics instead,
>similar to the one Vicki conducted for us a few years back. Such events would involve
>pilots flying figures (both good and otherwise) while experienced judges provide appropriate
>feedback to the less knowledgeable ones. Fun, socializing, and food will be incorporated
>at such gatherings.

>Casey reminded everyone that the aerobatic Box at Redlands is now available, but chapter
>members are required to sign up with her before using it. Only current Chapter 49 members
>will be authorized to use the REI box. If you would like to use the box, Casey maintains that
>list of names with associated contact info. To add your name, she will will need to see your
>pilot's license, current medical, and your plane's airworthiness certificate. You will also need
>to let her know whenever you intend to use the box; a simple text to her cell phone would be
>sufficient, but please identify yourself (name/N-Number) when you do.

>Thanks to Casey for making this happen!!! She spent seven months pulling it together before
>our box was finally restored.

> [...]

----------End of 11/7 Minutes-------------

Andrew

Dec 14, 2010, 11:53:56 PM12/14/10
to LAAC - IAC Chapter 49
Oops! I had inserted Colleen's text directly into my posting, but
Google converted it to a link and changed its formatting. Here it is
in its more readable form!

-Andrew

George Lazik

Dec 15, 2010, 12:09:53 AM12/15/10
to la...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations (I think) for being elected President.

George

Hi Gang,

10s!

Andrew