Coding For Humans: "Learn to Code", 18th Sept, at Lab for the Recently Possible

Premasagar Rose

Aug 14, 2012, 9:58:44 AM8/14/12
to L4RP, Async, BNM, The Farm, The Skiff, The Werks

We've got a one-day workshop for anyone itching to take that first step, and learn how to create websites and web applications:

CODING FOR HUMANS: "LEARN TO CODE"
Tues 18th Sept 2012
9am-5pm at the "Lab for the Recently Possible" (L4RP) in Hove, close to Brighton centre, and 1 hour from London

☞ Full info: L4RP.com/codingforhumans/
☞ Track on Lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/2012/codingforhumans-02/
☞ Buy tickets: http://codingforhumans-2012-sept.eventbrite.co.uk

# CODING IS…

…a means of expression and creativity. It's a satisfying and potent skill, in an ever-increasingly webbified world. Learning to code can increase mental clarity and logical thought, and it is empowering to understand what websites actually are and how they are made.

Whether you have an interest to work in web development or are just a curious bystander of the Web, then here is a chance to spread your wings and learn to code a little. In a single day. Even if you've never written or seen a line of code before.

# WHO'S IT FOR?

Everybody!

* Perhaps you're a designer, wanting to understand the impact of your designs and speak to clients with confidence.
* Or a project manager, keen to demystify the tech being used in your products.
* Maybe you're the boss, and want to understand how your web developers think or improve the code competency of your team.
* Or a teacher, wanting confidence with IT in the classroom.
* Or do you run your own projects and want to be able to roll your own websites?
* Or you might be taking the very first step of a bold new career…

# STEP-BY-STEP

By the end of the day, you'll have learned to write the basics of the languages that run every website, page and application on the Web:

* HTML is the language that describes the content on a web page
* CSS adds styling to the content, such as colours, text size and layout, and
* JavaScript is used to make the content interactive.

This is a beginners' course. Intermediate and advanced sessions are coming soon.

# PREREQUISITES

Confidence with using the Web and using a computer, and access to a laptop that you can bring along (or contact us if you'd like to borrow one).

# IN GOOD HANDS

Hosted and taught by Tom Parslow, Pete Goodman and Premasagar Rose — all Brighton-based professional web developers and teachers of Web technology.

# AFFORDABLE LEARNING

We want to spread this knowledge far and wide, and we've tried to make this course as affordable as possible. If you're a business, you'll get a discount if you send three or more participants. We've also given discounts to individuals, very small businesses and others. If you are unwaged and simply cannot afford the course, but would greatly benefit from it, please contact us about our hardship fund.

# ANY QUESTIONS?

Please ask. codingf...@L4RP.com

☞ Full info: L4RP.com/codingforhumans/
☞ Track on Lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/2012/codingforhumans-02/
☞ Buy tickets: http://codingforhumans-2012-sept.eventbrite.co.uk

Thanks,
Prem

(Feel free to forward to friends and loved ones).

--
Premasagar Rose, Dharmafly
http://dharmafly.com / 07941 192398