Upcoming events at L4RP: Coding For Humans, Data Viz Lab, #GameLabBrighton

Premasagar Rose

Jul 20, 2012, 10:27:52 AM7/20/12
to L4RP, Async, BNM, The Farm, The Skiff, The Werks
Hi there,
We've got some exciting events coming up at the Lab for the Recently Possible in Hove <http://L4RP.com> - do come along and tell your friends:

July:
Tue 24th - Coding For Humans: 'Learn to Code' workshop
Fri 27th - Data Visualisation Lab Day

August:
Sat 4th  - #GameLabBrighton
Fri 10th - Data Visualisation Lab Day
Fri 24th - Data Visualisation Lab Day

☞ Coding For Humans: 'Learn to Code'
Tue 24th July, 9am-5pm

Whether you have an interest to work in web development or are just a curious bystander of the Web, then here is a chance to spread your wings and learn to code a little. In a single day. Even if you've never written or seen a line of code before.

It's a low-cost one-day workshop for absolute beginners. We'll get you started using the web technologies HTML, CSS and JavaScript. We have only a few tickets left, so sign up now.

☞ Data Visualisation Lab Days
Fridays 27 July, 10 Aug & 24 Aug 2012, 10am-6pm. Free entry.

Data visualisations ('data viz') are graphics used to represent information. They allow an exploration and understanding of data that would be impossible to achieve with just a table full of numbers.

We are hosting a series of three free 'Lab Days', bringing together a collaboration of diverse minds, to learn, research and produce potent data visualisations and infographics of real world data. Designers, developers, maths geeks, journalists, civil servants and activists - all welcome.

☞ #GameLabBrighton
Sat 4th August, 10am-6pm. Free entry.

Bringing together developers, designers and artists into one space and encouraging them to work together to create games and push technical boundaries. Come if you're an expert or a total beginner.

==

Venue:
(5 minutes walk from Hove station and Palmeira Square)

Lab for the Recently Possible
The Dock
Wilbury Villas
Hove