The Wild School is open!

Premasagar Rose

Jul 10, 2013, 4:43:08 AM7/10/13
to L4RP, Async, BNM, The Farm, The Skiff, The Werks
Something curious and beautiful has happened at the Lab for the Recently Possible <http://L4RP.com>, the little space I curate in the centre of town. I knew something was up when the squirrels and badgers arrived and announced they were taking over…

From now until the start of September, the Lab has metamorphosed  into "The Wild School" <http://thewildschool.co.uk>. Every day, anyone may teach a class and anyone may come and learn. It's for (literally) all ages. It started on Monday and has been incredible so far. There's some amazing classes lined up.

This week is a free week. If you haven't yet dropped by, please do! We're open from 9am - 5pm. School starts proper next week, and I'd love to invite more people teaching useful tech subjects, as well as any other subject.

If you're a curious soul, perhaps starting up projects, branching out or into trying new things, then this is for you. The fee for the Summer Term is £50 (£10 for children), and the fees will be split at the end of term between teachers, venue and staff.

A BIG FAT INVITATION

Come join the Wild School

FREE WEEK - 8th-12th July

Open all week and free all week.
Drop by any time (9am-5pm, or call Charlie on 0794 619 5459).

This week we've seen "Think What You Would Do If Only You Had The Money, Then Figure Out How You Can Do It Anyway", "Wild Swimming" and a "Totally Simple Guide to Meditation".

Today, there's an introduction to Monoprinting (2-3pm) and Wild Singing (5-6pm). Tomorrow there's a creative writing session (10.30am) and on Friday night there's the first Wild School Dinner (vegetarian salad edition) at 7pm.

SUMMER TERM - 15th July - 30th August
The Wild School's Summer Term starts this coming Monday. It's open to all ages and all classes are drop-in.
The fee for the whole term is £50 (£10 for children) and entitles you to attend everything in the timetable.

Have a look at the site:

Join the Facebook group:

Upcoming classes are set to include:
How to improvise at work, how to sell yourself (and not sell out), how to write a very clear brief, five tips for photographing your child, creative writing, colour (and how to use it), how to build an online shop in an hour, how to publish an album in a day, seven ways to play the fool, three-part course in monoprinting, needs-led design, introduction to JavaScript, build your dream machine in lego, 'social life of small urban spaces' film night, the importance of doing things for no reason, creative with money (a short introduction) and more.

The Wild School,
45 Gloucester Street,
Brighton
(in North Laine. just by the back corner of the North Laine brewery pub, over the road from the Skiff. 50 yards from Sydney Street. 3 minutes from the station.)

--
Premasagar Rose, Dharmafly
dharmafly.com / 07941 192398

Premasagar Rose

Jul 12, 2013, 7:45:20 AM7/12/13
to L4RP, Async, BNM, The Farm, The Skiff, The Werks
An update! Enrolment for the school has opened and, as a special offer, you can get a whole term pass for just £30 until the end of Tuesday, after which it's just £50. Enrol here:

Tonight, still part of our free week, there will be a school dinner. All welcome:

And if anyone would like to give a class, please email he...@thewildschool.co.uk
It can be on anything. We'll share the income from the school with teachers, staff and the venue at the end of term.

See you there!
Prem