Coding For Humans: Learn to Code
Tue 30th April, 2012. 9am-5pm
The Lab for the Recently Possible <http://L4RP.com
> has moved into the centre of Brighton, at 45 Gloucester Street in North Laine, over the road from The Skiff.
Learn to Code
Whether you have an interest to work in web development or are just a curious bystander of the Web, then here is a chance to spread your wings and learn to code a little. In a single day. Even if you've never written or seen a line of code before.
Coding is a means of expression and creativity. It develops mental clarity and logical thought and demystifies the process of creating for the Web.
What people are saying
~ Dan Harris, digital producer at The Times
Who's it for?
- Perhaps you're a designer, wanting to understand the impact of your designs and speak to clients with confidence.
- Or you're a project manager, keen to demystify the tech being used in your products.
- Maybe you're the boss, and want to understand how your web developers think or improve the code competency of your team.
- Or you're a teacher, aspiring to confidence with ICT in the classroom.
- Or maybe you run your own projects and want to roll your own websites
- Or you might be taking the very first step of a bold new career…
By the end of the day, you'll have learned to write the basics of the languages that run every website, page and application on the Web:
HTML is the language that describes the content on a web page.
CSS adds styling to the content, such as colours, text size and layout.
This is a beginners' course. Intermediate and advanced sessions are coming soon.
Pete Goodman, Tom Parslow and Premasagar Rose — all Brighton-based professional web developers and teachers of web technology.
Feel free to pass on to friends, colleagues, bosses and loved ones.
-- Premasagar Rose, Dharmafly
dharmafly.com / 07941 192398