Text Adventure Lab at L4RP - Fri 22nd June, 2012

Premasagar Rose

Jun 15, 2012, 10:51:20 AM6/15/12
to L4RP, Async, BNM, The Farm, The Skiff, The Werks
Hi all,
Next Friday, we're holding the "Text Adventure Lab" at the Lab for the Recently Possible:

Fri 22nd June, 2012; 10am - 6pm

Come help create a multi-player Text Adventure. We'll start with text and a storyline, and then add pictures to the scenes.

Non-programmers are welcome - we need ideas, words, artwork, design and all sorts of creativity...

And programmers - we'll be using JavaScript and Node.js, so come and lend your closures and variables to the task. It's fine if you don't know Node.js or if you've never coded before; you can learn a bit with the rest of us.

A chance to work with others on a creative group project.

WRITERS: Write inspiring descriptions of rooms, items and beings...
ARTISTS: Bring beauty to the world...
PROGRAMMERS: Extend our super simple game engine; maybe add interactions between players and other niceties.
EVERYONE: Help us create a new world!

Free, as in entry.

Sign up on Lanyrd: <http://lanyrd.com/2012/l4rp-ta/>
More info: <http://L4RP.com>

==

Venue:
Lab for the Recently Possible
The Dock
Wilbury Villas
Hove
BN3 3EL

==

==

Cheers,
Prem

--
Premasagar Rose, Dharmafly
dharmafly.com / 07941 192398

Simon Appleton

Jun 18, 2012, 5:22:30 AM6/18/12
to l4...@googlegroups.com
Sounds interesting - hope to be there.

Does having played the original Essex MUD in 1985 qualify me? Or make me just... old...?

Premasagar Rose

Jun 18, 2012, 10:52:02 AM6/18/12
to l4...@googlegroups.com
Hey Simon,
I guess that makes you an expert and mentor...

Simon Appleton

Jun 22, 2012, 4:42:31 AM6/22/12
to l4...@googlegroups.com
Apologies - going on an unexpected Spa trip to Bath (lucky me), so busy wrapping up work, packing and hitting the motorway, so won't make this. Hope it goes well, look forward to reading up on it.

Premasagar Rose

Jun 22, 2012, 6:16:31 AM6/22/12
to l4...@googlegroups.com
No worries, Simon. Enjoy the spa.