February Meeting?

Todd Willey

Feb 14, 2012, 8:57:34 PM2/14/12
to ky...@googlegroups.com
When, Where, What topic?

I'd propose next Wednesday (22nd), 7pm, Collexion, to discuss
integrating with external libraries and tools.

Possible presentation topics:

* FFI
* Java from JRuby
* .net from IronRuby
* Cocoa from MacRuby
* MRI-style C Extensions

-todd[1]

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email is for sole use of intended
recipient(s).  Unauthorized use is prohibited.

Chase Southard

Feb 14, 2012, 9:25:02 PM2/14/12
to ky...@googlegroups.com
Ah. Nice!

I thought the Feb meeting had slid past, but good catch.

Should we have a wiki for group organization of topics resources, etc? or is that overkill?

Chase

R. Chase Southard
http://about.me/southard

timk

Feb 15, 2012, 10:28:51 AM2/15/12
to Kentucky Ruby user group
Ooh, nice. I'd like to see some stuff on FFI and Java cross-usage.

I can demo some Ruby::Inline C code from a brute force cryptanagram
cracker I put together in 2010.

-Tim

Todd Willey

Feb 15, 2012, 11:53:07 AM2/15/12
to ky...@googlegroups.com
Nice! I'd forgotten about RubyInline.

I'll try and tackle some FFI demos.

-todd[1]

Zeff Morgan

Feb 19, 2012, 5:09:12 PM2/19/12
to ky...@googlegroups.com
I think it would be a good idea.  Suggestions/requests coud be posted.  If we can't get to something, then it's easy to see looking at previous entries something that we may want to carry over.

It may also help entice others to join in as communicating only via email can appear somewhat haphazard.  I think it would help promote how active the group is to those outside it.

I'd give a full 2 cents if I had any thoughts worth that much ...