Kylo Login - Unable to connect to KYLO REST API

Balaganesh Ramadas

Dec 6, 2018, 5:27:46 AM12/6/18
to Kylo Community
Hi

From Kylo Login page, when we provide the credentials, we are getting the following error.  Attached Kylo-UI log.

2018-12-06 07:17:18 INFO  main:KyloUiApplication:57 - Started KyloUiApplication in 31.955 seconds (JVM running for 32.771)
2018-12-06 07:17:38 INFO  http-nio-8400-exec-4:JerseyRestClient:219 - Created new Jersey Client without SSL connecting to http://127.0.0.1:8400/proxy
2018-12-06 07:17:39 WARN  http-nio-8400-exec-5:SendErrorFilter:65 - Error during filtering
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)

Further down  in the Kylo-UI log, we get the stacktrace as below:

2018-12-06 07:17:39 ERROR http-nio-8400-exec-4:JerseyRestClient:421 - Failed to process request org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyInvocation$Builder@84cb6bf
javax.ws.rs.InternalServerErrorException: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyInvocation.convertToException(JerseyInvocation.java:1020)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyInvocation.translate(JerseyInvocation.java:816)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyInvocation.access$700(JerseyInvocation.java:92)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyInvocation$2.call(JerseyInvocation.java:700)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:315)

Appreciate your help n Support..

Regards
Bala
kylo-ui_06Dec.log

Gregory Hart

Dec 6, 2018, 11:23:38 AM12/6/18
to Kylo Community
Hi Bala,

Please attach your /var/log/kylo-services/kylo-services.log file. It looks like kylo-services is not running.

konkanchi tejas

Dec 9, 2018, 11:43:29 PM12/9/18
to Kylo Community
Hi Hart,

Kindly check the log file related to Kylo-services and services are running up and fine.

Regards,
Tejas
kylo-services.log

Balaganesh Ramadas

Dec 10, 2018, 3:57:42 AM12/10/18
to Kylo Community
Hart

One more thing,we see in the log file :

Check and Initialize NiFi Flow Cache. Kylo up to date:false, NiFi Connected:true, Cache needs loading:true

Kylo up to date: false..

We notice the Kylo-Services stops abruptly. Wondering, what would be the reason?. Does it have anything to do with this false status?.Can you pl help us with that.

Regards
Bala

Gregory Hart

Dec 11, 2018, 1:32:22 PM12/11/18
to Kylo Community
Hi Bala,

It looks like Kylo was previously stopped while it was initializing and is now in a bad state. Since this is a new install, you can drop your kylo database and recreate it to fix the issue.