Spring News

Kyle MacDonald

Mar 17, 2009, 2:07:16 PM3/17/09
to Kyle-MacDonald...@googlegroups.com
Hello Folks,

Here's some fun spring news, presented in easy-to-read numbered point form, with several exclamation marks to emphasize enthusiasm:

1.
Some pictures I took will be in a photo exhibition!  At a real art gallery!  I took several shots of mangled bikes in Montreal last year and showed them to a nice fellow named Rob, who also happens to be the curator of a small art gallery called Armatta.  Rob liked them so much he deemed them worthy of this year's opening exhibition.  The pics will be displayed April 4 - 24 at 5283A Av du Parc, in Montreal.  There's a semi-private RSVP-only pre party/media reception (with beverages) on Friday April 3 from 4-7pm.  Send me an email if you're in "the media" and like to RSVP for things.  The exhibition will be open to the public Tues-Sat April 4 -24.
http://www.myspace.com/armatta

2.
Dom teaches cooking classes on Wednesdays in Montreal.  She's the best cook in the world.  Well, her and my mom are tied.  (I'll keep the peace, yes.)  If you want to learn how to make healthy eats in a fun setting, partake in one of her many upcoming classes!
http://larmoireduhaut.com
http://l-armoire-du-haut-english.blogspot.com

3.
I'm speaking at my Alma Mater, UBC, on Tuesday April 7th for the Arts Last Lecture.  As a graduate of the Arts Program at UBC, I am surprised, honored and very excited that I've been invited back to make this presentation!  Last year's speaker was Douglas Coupland, so I have quite the shoes to fill.  My "lecture" starts at 1pm at the Chan Centre.  Please feel free to attend, heckle, etc.
http://www.arts.ubc.ca/students/degree-planning-advising/graduation/arts-last-lecture.html

4.
I've been messing around with twitter for the last few hours.  My personal jury is still out whether I find it enjoyable, or think it's the worst thing ever.  Only time will tell!  http://twitter.com/oneredpaperclip

5.
I am now the proud constructor of LED hula hoops.  They are very fun.  And go well with partying and nightime.  I will ship them anywhere in the world, including Yahk B.C.
http:/lledhulahoops.com

6.
I am still the owner of the red paperclip house in Kipling Saskatchewan.  Over 450 offers for the house so far.  Some amazing, some not.  So hard to decide.  Seriously, I've found it very difficult to decide who to trade with.  So many options.  I'm still accepting offers, but hurry if you want to make a trade, I have a feeling it's about to be swap season!
http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/2008/06/were-trading-house.html

7.
We still have no idea who these guys are:
http://whoaretheseguys.com

Sunny regards,

Kyle

--