December 2019 Dispatch

Kyell Gold

Dec 2, 2019, 3:15:09 PM12/2/19
to Kyell Gold Dispatches

November Recap

Titles is coming out at MFF! I will be there at the FurPlanet table to sign your copies.

That’s where a lot of my November went. The text was complete by the end of October, but I had to work with publishers and artists to get the rest of production complete in time, and we made it. I’m excited to see a copy, and even more excited for you all to see it! Rukis and AmonOmega did such a good job on the art, and FurPlanet has been super helpful throughout.

I’m getting back to work on the fourth Calatians book, The Revolution and the Fox. I am enjoying it a lot and am really excited to get it finished and out next year. Also working on the Dude, Where’s My Fox? sequel—and again, if you want to be the first to hear how it starts, come to my reading at MFF, Friday morning at 10 am.

Unfinished Business is wrapping up on my Patreon and I’m going to be starting a new story in December. My thinking is that this one will be the Argaea story I’ve been putting off writing for years and years, so if you’ve been missing Argaea, come on by and check it out!

Release dates

The Tower and the Fox audiobook is out; you can find it on Audible, Amazon, or iTunes. If you don’t have an Audible account yet, check out my new Soundcloud page (https://soundcloud.com/user-710305036-429996600), which has samples and links to all my audiobooks. Those links help me get extra money especially if you use them to sign up for a new account.

Here’s my best guess at the upcoming release schedule: Titles and Patterns in Frost, the New Tibet anthology, will both be out at MFF! Love Match 3 will be pushed to 2020 through a combination of beta reader availability, artist availability (Rukis is doing art for both this and the Dev and Lee book), and my own schedule and desire to get the Dev and Lee book out before it gets even more out of date. The fourth and final Calatians book, The Revolution and the Fox, is slated for Anthrocon 2020, and I hope to get the “Dude” sequel out next year as well. I’ll be a guest of honor at Megaplex 2020, so maybe it’ll be then!

Appearances in 2019

My full list of upcoming appearances is at http://www.kyellgold.com/contact.html, recently updated (or soon to be updated).

I’ll be on panels at MFF! Here’s my schedule:

Fri 10a Reading/Q&A — I’ll read from the Dude, Where’s My Fox? sequel, and maybe something else. Since the dealer’s room won’t be open, maybe I’ll tease Titles a bit.

5p Behind the Slush — Along with Skunkbomb and Teiran, we’ll discuss what goes into editing an anthology.

Sat 5:30p Editing and Revising — Your standard editing panel (with Crimson Ruari and Norman Rafferty).

6:30p Get Published — Your standard “get published” panel (with Crimson Ruari and Mary E. Lowd).

8:30p All About RAWR — Alkani Serval and I will answer questions about our residential furry writing retreat.

Sun 3p Novel Writing — How to write a novel (with Norman Rafferty and The Gneech).

4p Mystery/Noir — We explore the mystery/noir genre (with Skunkbomb, Mog Moogle, and The Gneech).

Come 2020 I will be at Further Confusion and Texas Furry Fiesta, and of course Megaplex in August.

Spotlight: Two spotlights this month! Both are anthologies coming out at MFF, both of which I worked on.

·      FANG 10 is the latest installment in FurPlanet’s M/M adult anthology. Ashe, who had edited 5-9, stepped aside, and I offered to guest edit alongside his successor, Sparf, to ease the transition. Along those lines, we chose a theme of Transitions for this volume, and we got a bunch of great stories. Sparf was a wonderful co-editor; FANG is in very good paws from this year forward.

https://furplanet.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1076 if you’re not going to MFF.

·      Patterns In Frost is the first New Tibet book in over a decade. I worked with Dark End and we each wrote a story and picked four more excellent works to further round out the shared world of New Tibet. If you were a fan of the earlier anthologies, you won’t be disappointed with this one, and if you’re new to the world, you’ll find this an excellent introduction to it. I can’t wait to see this one in print and for people to read all the great work in this universe.

https://sofawolf.com/products/patterns-in-frost?sku=PIF if you’re not going to MFF (will be on sale after the con).

Excerpt: No excerpt this month.

Questions From YOU

If you’ve got a question about my books or my writing—or anything else you want me to talk about—shoot me an email and I’ll answer it here. But this month—no questions!