Kwort 4 final released

David B. Cortarello

May 5, 2013, 11:59:04 AM5/5/13
to kwort...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,
Kwort 4 is finally here! For those who don't know, Kwort 4 is now a
full x86_64 system (finally!). In the last couple of week we've been
testing Kwort 4 hardly to see if everything is "stable-enough".
This new version is actually pretty awesome, fast, stable, and with
the simplicity that has always characterized Kwort.
Because of the architecture switch, we have everything rebuilt from
scratch, from the toolchain to the latest X11 application. And of
course, our package mirror is already populated with some useful
packages.

Now, the most significant technical aspects:
- Linux kernel 3.8.5.
- Chromium 25.0.1364.97.
- Firefox 20.0 is available in the iso in more/xapps.
- LibreOffice 4.0.1 is also available in more/xapps.
- Our new installation system, as the system in general got a
significant speed up because of the architecture upgrade.
- Of course, our system remains light and clean as Kwort users like it.

As always, I would like to thank the people who helped making Kwort
as good as it is, some in more ways than others:
- My good old friend, Andreas Schipplock, as always for
replicating the image to the main hosting and for testing.
- Our infrastructure providers, the people from PGHosting and
Ricardo Brisighelli for the package mirror and development environment
in the UNR.
- As usual, a big thanks to the CRUX people for developing it, as
it is the system Kwort is based on; CRUX 3 made this version really
easy to build.
- And of course, the people who develop every project Kwort makes
use of. A SUPER THANK YOU.

Those of you willing to talk a little more can also jump in our IRC
channel to talk about anything you want and stay in touch with the
people behind Kwort: irc://irc.oftc.net/Kwort

You can get the latest Kwort from here:

ISO image: http://kwort.org/downloads/kwort-4.iso
MD5 checksum: http://kwort.org/downloads/kwort-4.iso.md5
SHA1 checksum: http://kwort.org/downloads/kwort-4.iso.sha1
OFFICIAL MIRROR KDB: http://europa.fapyd.unr.edu.ar/pub/kwort/4/europa.kdb

Best regards,

--
David B. Cortarello
Kwort Linux: http://www.kwort.org

Emiliano Dalla Verde Marcozzi

Jul 8, 2013, 7:26:04 AM7/8/13
to kwort...@googlegroups.com

El domingo, 5 de mayo de 2013 12:59:04 UTC-3, David Cortarello escribió:
Hello everybody,
  Kwort 4 is finally here! For those who don't know, Kwort 4 is now a
full x86_64 system (finally!). In the last couple of week we've been
testing Kwort 4 hardly to see if everything is "stable-enough".

Excellent news! Thanks for this new release, i'll try it! :)