Kwort updates

David B. Cortarello

Feb 26, 2017, 9:56:29 PM2/26/17
to kwort...@googlegroups.com, Andreas Schipplock
Hi all,
As some of you might have noted Kwort site has been down during most
of this week, actually not the site, but we lost ownership of the
domain.
Thankfully our good old friend Andreas Schipplock got the domain
back and he's currently paying for it; THANKS ANDREAS! I want to
personally thank to Josep Subils for staying on top of that during all
these years.

Also, Kwort 4.3.2 release is really close, you'll notice that this
this release is a little bit bigger as we include the linux-firmware
package and llvm to allow a few X.Org drivers to work properly. We'll
ship the Linux kernel 4.8.15 and Glibc 2.24 and for the first time
we'll include GTK3. We've made a lot of work in the look & feel to
improve it, so both, GTK+ 2 and GTK3, are themed to make both toolkits
to work together in a seamlessly way.
Additionally, and this is really cool, the New kpkg provides support
for checking available upgrades before fetching and upgrading (diff
option).

If someone wants to give a spin to Kwort 4.3.2 before we release it,
you can do it using this ISO:
http://kwort.org/downloads/kwort-4.3.2.iso. We would really appreciate
additional testing. kpkg mirror file for 4.3.2 can be found here:
http://europa.fapyd.unr.edu.ar/pub/kwort/4.3.2/europa.kdb (it's
already hosting 35 packages including python3 + pip3, qemu, firefox,
etc).

Cheers!

--
David B. Cortarello - http://nomius.github.io
GPG: 3FD0 2534 D63E CC56 7D52 F8EF A5ED C275 04C9 1FD1

David B. Cortarello

Mar 2, 2017, 7:15:21 AM3/2/17
to kwort...@googlegroups.com
Hi all
  For those testing, the chromium permission issue have been fixed and ISO have been re-uploaded.

 Cheers!

Ava Pxia

May 24, 2018, 7:47:56 AM5/24/18
to Kwort
Hello, after trying 4.3.2 in a VM (which I hate) I installed the same on magnetic medium.
I never really use the term cute but this it the closest thing that comes to mind after playing around with it, cute!
I am still in the hunt for how do you add additional repositories, like europa, or crux and how to compile other pkgs,
It is refreshing to see something like this in the world of superdesktops and microsoftization or the ridiculous competitiveness of unix/linux with apple/mswin paranoia.
One thing I disliked was seeing chrome but I didn't install it to browse the internet.
Is this group the only list/forum there is for kwort?

Gonzalo Navarro

May 25, 2018, 4:07:45 AM5/25/18
to kwort...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ava, how are you? i can tell you that Kwort 4.3.3 final release is out in the wild, so if you have time you can try it.
It has mirrors of kpkg working out of the box.

--

---

Gonzalo A. Navarro Tomé
SysAdmin Linux/Unix
www.unixar.net

93 Beta Zero Gara 260

May 25, 2018, 9:50:35 PM5/25/18
to kwort...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I managed to update and upgrade from europa but things kept braking so I gave up
Ill try 3.3 to see how it goes/

David B. Cortarello

May 25, 2018, 9:53:32 PM5/25/18
to kwort...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Please describe the problems you had with 3.2, it's good that people
report bugs/problems/concerns so we can improve things in upcoming versions.
Hopefully you won't see problems in 4.3.3, but if you do, please let me
know.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
David.