Wont install

Eco Frame

Nov 29, 2015, 9:55:02 AM11/29/15
to Kwort
Hi Team

Avid Linux fan here - wanting to try Kwort.

Unfortunately the image available on distrowatch will not load on an efi system, I tried over and over. Then I gave up and figured on looking at it via VMware - won't load on that either. Guys you HAVE to get jiggy with efi or you will go the way of the dinosaurs.

Basically, your OS - no matter how promising is impossible to load, let alone use.

This isn't a complaint, it's a heads up.

David B. Cortarello

Nov 29, 2015, 9:56:47 AM11/29/15
to kwort...@googlegroups.com
That's weird... My machine is EFI. :-S
Any guidance? I might be doing things wrong... :-(

Best regards
> --
>
> ---

David B. Cortarello - http://nomius.github.io
GPG: 3FD0 2534 D63E CC56 7D52 F8EF A5ED C275 04C9 1FD1
Kwort Linux: http://www.kwort.org

David B. Cortarello

Dec 17, 2015, 11:39:43 PM12/17/15
to kwort...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Could you please try version 4.3?
I've tried it with physical EFI hardware (my laptop) and qemu+OVMF
and it's working.

Let me know if you're still experiencing issues.

Best regards,

David B. Cortarello

Jan 3, 2016, 5:32:07 PM1/3/16
to kwort...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
  Today I uploaded a new ISO (4.3.1) with improvements for UEFI.
  Please give it a try and let me know:

  * ISO file: http://europa.fapyd.unr.edu.ar/pub/kwort/4.3.1/kwort-4.3.1.iso

  * MD5: http://europa.fapyd.unr.edu.ar/pub/kwort/4.3.1/kwort-4.3.1.iso.md5

  * SHA1: http://europa.fapyd.unr.edu.ar/pub/kwort/4.3.1/kwort-4.3.1.iso.sha1

  Would be great if anyone else could give this a test. I have tested it with qemu (kvm) with BIOS and UEFI (OVMF) and burning it into a USB stick (dd) as I no longer have optical drives.

Best regards,
Dave.