Calling for testers

David B. Cortarello

Apr 7, 2013, 1:25:46 PM4/7/13
to kwort...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
It's been a long time since I wrote something to the list. So let's
start using it for important things related to Kwort.
As you know Kwort 3.5 was the last version of Kwort running i686 and
I told publicly that the next version of the system would be x86_64.
Because of that, I've been working over the last few months on Kwort
4 pretty much without telling anyone, in case things took too much
time, to avoid questions regarding ETAs and such things.

So, there's a release candidate one that I would like people to test
(for real). I know pretty much of you guys test these ISO images in a
virtual machine, but this time, these kind of tests wouldn't be useful
as I already run several tests on KVM, and I need real x86_64 systems
testing this because as some of you might now this is a major step.

Right now the system available in the ISO is system is x86_64 but
with multilib support (so you have glibc and glibc32 with gcc
supporting both architectures, so you can generate binary for i686
also), but at the moment I'm thinking in dropping the multilib support
and leave the system pure x86_64.

So, this is a great opportunity to help Kwort's development in case
you ever wanted, so please, run this ISO on real x86_64 systems and
give me some hints about what is missing, broken or need tuning.

Get the iso from: http://kwort.org/downloads/kwort-4rc1.iso
MD5: http://kwort.org/downloads/kwort-4rc1.iso.md5
SHA1: http://kwort.org/downloads/kwort-4rc1.iso.sha1

Oh, and there's also a package mirror running already with the crux
ports system that you will install in the same way:
http://europa.fapyd.unr.edu.ar/pub/kwort/4/europa.kdb

The FAQ and documentation in the website applies to Kwort 4 also.

Best regards to all and happy testing!

--
David B. Cortarello
Weblog: http://nomius.blogspot.com

Andreas Schipplock

Apr 8, 2013, 3:07:18 AM4/8/13
to kwort...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm willing to test kwort on my amd64 machine but keep in mind that it will take more time, so please don't hurry :).

Kind regards,
Andreas.

--

---

Kind regards,
Andreas Schipplock.

David B. Cortarello

Apr 20, 2013, 3:11:09 PM4/20/13
to kwort...@googlegroups.com
Hello all again,
Seconds release candidate available. Once again, test in a real
system, no VMs.
This version dropped glibc32 support as multilib in gcc. So this is
a REAL PURE x86_64 version.
If everything goes as expected, this release will become final, as
in the last couple of weeks everything has been really smooth.

Once again, this is a great opportunity to help Kwort's development in case

Get the iso from: http://kwort.org/downloads/kwort-4rc2.iso
MD5: http://kwort.org/downloads/kwort-4rc2.iso.md5
SHA1: http://kwort.org/downloads/kwort-4rc2.iso.sha1

The FAQ and documentation in the website applies to Kwort 4 also.

Best regards to all and happy testing!

Gonzalo Navarro

Apr 29, 2013, 1:24:26 AM4/29/13
to kwort...@googlegroups.com
Hey david, change my email, i will receive from gonzalo...@gmail.com i don't have any problem testing and helping to build packages, lest talk one of this days and exchange information about what's new on kwort.!!