Any chance of getting an agent compiled against GLIBC_2.12?

wa...@ryansit.net

Sep 23, 2014, 5:32:44 PM9/23/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Our infrastructure is running on RHEL/CentOS 6 using GLIBC 2.12. The agent hence fails with:

Failed to retrieve remote descriptor: /var/tmp/kwatee/kwagent: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /var/tmp/kwatee/kwagent)

Any chance of getting kwagent compiled against glibc 2.12 and info on how to install it?

Thanks,
Ryan

Mac

Sep 24, 2014, 12:07:14 PM9/24/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan, could you tell me which version of kwatee you are using?

thanks,
mac

wa...@ryansit.net

Sep 24, 2014, 2:38:42 PM9/24/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Version 2.2.1.1

Thanks

Mac

Sep 25, 2014, 4:05:59 AM9/25/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,
I've built a patched version of the kwatee-core library that contains an updated linux_64 agent which you can download at:

Could you copy it to .../webapps/kwatee/WEB-INF/lib/
and remove the kwatee-core-2.2.1.1.jar file from the same folder

You may have to manually remove the kwagent from your target system first  (by default in /var/tmp/kwatee). Please let me know asap if this solves your issue so that I may include the patch in the next build that is soon to come.

thanks,
mac

wa...@ryansit.net

Sep 25, 2014, 11:32:06 AM9/25/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Mac,
Apparently the deploy agent ran this time, but it did not deploy anything. It successfully connected to the server and ran the pre-deploy command, but it did not actually deploy any of the files in the version specified.

From the logs (Server names removed for client security)

kwatee_audit.log:

Sep25 11:21:20 [<unknown>] - Installed artifact jsapiDev[1.0] in Develpoment-snapshot@<server name>

kwatee.log:

INFO : 2014Sep25 11:20:54,837 - <server name> no agent installed
ERROR: 2014Sep25 11:20:55,592 - retrieveRemoteDescriptor exit code != 0

Thanks again,

Ryan

wa...@ryansit.net

Sep 25, 2014, 11:53:56 AM9/25/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
After a bit more investigation, I see the deployed files, it is just putting them in the wrong place. Our software packages are tared from the root ( / ) of the drive. I set the kwatee_deployment_dir variable to / and it is deploying the files under /<Artifact Name>/*

For example:

The mysoft.tar.gz contains:

/etc/software/software.conf
/var/share/software/file

These are deployed into:
/mysoft/etc/software/software.conf
/mysoft/share/software/file

Ryan

Mac

Sep 25, 2014, 12:04:52 PM9/25/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried setting kwatee_package_dir to /
It may just do the trick

wa...@ryansit.net

Sep 25, 2014, 12:51:06 PM9/25/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Seems to deploy properly now. The only issue I see persisting is the integrity check fails.

I have the check command set to the standard /etc/init.d/tomcat status:

[root@dev ~]# /etc/init.d/tomcat status
tomcat (pid 6416) is running... [ OK ]
[root@dev ~]#

The kwatee.log output on check is:

ERROR: 2014Sep25 12:48:43,610 - Get runtime status in Develpoment-snapshot failed
net.kwatee.agiledeployment.conduit.a: Integrity check failed: no package at
at net.kwatee.agiledeployment.conduit.impl.a.checkIntegrity(SourceFile:342)
at net.kwatee.agiledeployment.core.a.a.e.a(SourceFile:302)
at net.kwatee.agiledeployment.core.a.a.i.b(SourceFile:133)
at net.kwatee.agiledeployment.core.a.a.i.a(SourceFile:71)
at net.kwatee.agiledeployment.core.a.a.e.run(SourceFile:101)

Thanks Again for all your help.

Ryan

info

Dec 4, 2014, 5:35:50 PM12/4/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
This should be fixed as of release 2.3.0