OPERATOR access failed: No login prompt

prashan...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2014, 12:01:41 PM3/3/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
i have installed kwatee on windows 7 Enterprise along with Tomcat 6.0 and MySQL 6.0. When i am trying to create a server i am getting following error:

ERROR: 2014Mar03 11:52:34,016 - testDefaultCredentials
net.kwatee.deploy.server.a.l: OPERATOR access failed: No login prompt

I gave the following information;

Platform: Solaris Sparc
Shared Access: Deployer, trying both Telnet FTP and Ssh
login and password

Address host-
Port- Automatically displaying 23. I am changing it to 22 but it is not allowing me.

Please help.

Mac

Mar 4, 2014, 12:59:10 AM3/4/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
The "No login prompt" message occurs only in Telnet/FTP (port 23) when the string you configured as a login prompt does not appear in the input.
This message should never occur with ssh (port 22).

Also note that there is a know issue with spark agents which has a simple workaround.

prashan...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2014, 12:28:18 PM3/4/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for information.

I have another issue now. At the time of deployment, it says no agent isntalled. I read the related post but couldnt guage the solution steps yet.

I did following:
1) i removed AGENT_NAME=

INSTALLER_NAME=

from
tomcat/webapps/kwatee/agents/solaris_sparc/agent.properties

2) restaretd kwatee.

I am not sure if i need to copy the agent present at tomcat7/webapps/kwatee/agent/solaris_sparc to unix box or not

If i need to copy it at some path, i guess i need to mention that pathin some configuration. Also how would agent be triggered. Please explain the mechanism.

prashan...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2014, 2:45:53 PM3/4/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
What i understand based on my reading and anlysis is that we need agents installed on repective unix/linux servers where we need to carry out deployment apart from having kwatee client installed with MySQL database and tomcat. right ?

Mac

Mar 4, 2014, 3:42:44 PM3/4/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
After editing the agent.properties files and restarting tomcat you can proceed using kwatee and the agent will be installed automatically, as needed.

Mac

Mar 4, 2014, 3:44:01 PM3/4/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Agents will be installed automatically by kwatee as needed during deployment operations. You don't need to install them manually

prashan...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2014, 2:25:31 PM3/5/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mac,

I have done everything as per your instructions, but stil i am getting same error:

"Agent not installed".

When we deploy a package where does kwatee copies its agent on the server ?
Which variabe ensures that ? what precautionary steps should be followed ?

Mac

Mar 5, 2014, 2:45:37 PM3/5/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
The installation location of the agent is determined by the kwatee variable: kwatee_root_dir. The global default is "/var/tmp/kwatee". It could be that the server-defined login does not have sufficient privileges to create this folder.

You could change the default value of kwatee_root_dir in the Admin area (System Variables), or re-define it within your environment.

prashan...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2014, 3:26:07 PM3/5/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Still the same behaviour. I have provided the login credentials while defining the server which can create directories under /tmp directory.

But still after overriding the variable i am getting same error.

Establishing server connection...No agent installed

I have tried it for solaris sparc and Linux x86

Mac

Mar 5, 2014, 4:51:31 PM3/5/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Could you post screenshots of your configuration variables (System variables and deployment variables)?
Did you try to manually ssh to the same server using the user/password configured in kwatee and to create the /tmp subdirectory?
If that works then kwatee should work the same since it does exactly the same.
Maybe there is additional information in the log files (tomcat/logs/kwatee.log) which could shed some light on this?