the problem with sparc agent is still present

f.gra...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2013, 1:08:01 PM12/16/13
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've seen that from version 2.1.5 the sparc agent support has been re-introduced.
But I've still the same problem, thi is the messages:

Establishing server connection...
The agent for this platform is not installed

the version of sparc is:
SunOS doris 5.10 Generic_118833-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200

The kwatee doesn't trafer the sparc agent present in tomcat7/webapps/kwatee/agent/solaris_sparc directory to remote machine.

I've also tried to forced it coping agent manually with no results.

The executable seems to work installed manually on the machine.

doris:/var/gsp/cgi-bin/KWATEE#./kwagent
Usage:
kwagent --check_integrity descriptor_file_path [signature]
kwagent --get_descriptor descriptor_file_path
kwagent --remove descriptor_file_path
kwagent --expand archive_path [dest_dir]
kwagent --version
doris:/var/gsp/cgi-bin/KWATEE#./kwagent --version
[kwatee_ok] 1.0.3
doris:/var/gsp/cgi-bin/KWATEE#file kwagent
kwagent: ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC Version 1, dynamically linked, stripped

Please let me know if I'am wrong somethings

Thanks
Francesco

f.gra...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2014, 12:38:25 PM1/8/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Are there any news about this topic?
Is there the possibility to have the agent sources in order to compile them by myself?

Thanks
Francesco

info

Jan 8, 2014, 4:12:20 PM1/8/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francesco,

It looks like it could be a simple problem in a configuration file which you could patch yourself for now.

Edit the file
.../apache-tomcat/webapps/kwatee/agents/solaris_sparc/agent.properties

and delete the lines:

AGENT_NAME=

INSTALLER_NAME=

Restart kwatee and things should work fine.

Please confirm that this resolves the problem

f.gra...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2014, 4:51:36 PM1/8/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
yes, with the correction that you've suggested the problem is solved.

Thanks

Francesco