2.2.0 - Integrity check failed

fom.ka...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2014, 7:30:56 PM7/5/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
I'm having problem with integrity checks. Deploying to 2 EC2 linux ( tested all versions on Linux 64 ), all result in integrity check fails. Also have 2 OSX server in the same environment and they work just fine.
Error message
Checking artifact...
Integrity check failed: file as been tampered with - bad signature

Thanks
/Magnus

Mac

Jul 6, 2014, 10:17:51 AM7/6/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Thiswill happen if you install a file that later is modified by a running process. You can turn off integrity checking for such files by checking the "Ignore during integrity check" checkbox in the Special file options (see online doc).

fom.ka...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2014, 5:12:30 AM7/7/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi
But this is not the case, files are not changed by any running process, just deployed and integrity check. I've tested the same package to several EC2 server types and all 64 bit linux will get integrity fail but when I deployed on a EC2 32 bit ubuntu ( different agent ) it works fine. OSX agent works fine as well.

Mac

Jul 9, 2014, 1:02:35 AM7/9/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
The message indicates on which files the integrity check failed. Is it all the files within you archive or always the same one? What happens if you try to remove just that file, from the package and perform an integrity check?

fom.ka...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2014, 5:13:39 AM7/9/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
It does not indicate which file has failed, only
"Checking artifact...
Integrity check failed: file as been tampered with - bad signature"
I've tried to add the file option "Ignore during integrity check", file by file until all are checked but this does not change the results of 64 bit linux. It only makes the working agents (OSX,LINUX_32) to fail when all are checked.
As I said previously, this only happens with 64 bit linux ( haven't tested windows versions or non EC2 64 bit Linux).

Mac

Jul 9, 2014, 5:25:20 PM7/9/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
That means that the agent thinks the descriptor file itself has been modified. Any chance you could mail it to support at kwatee.net? (if your artifact is named "foo", the descriptor file name will be ".kwatee_foo" and will be located in the target deployment directory.

Could you also indicate which kwatee version you are using?

fom.ka...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2014, 5:18:12 AM7/10/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
I've sent the file that was deployed on a EC2 64 bit linux with integrity check failing.
It would be good to have the version number displayed in the web application.

Mac

Jul 14, 2014, 3:04:08 AM7/14/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Some toolset changes with the new 2.2 version were not fully tested and there were some regressions.

Version 2.2.1 should fix these problems