Overlay Error when import or upload files with Chrome Browser

f.gra...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2014, 8:23:42 AM9/9/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
with the latest version 2.2.1 there are problems when adding overlay files only with chrome browser.

When I try to add new file and click on Upload button I retrieve an alert box error with an html message:
<pre style="word-wrap: break-word; white-space: pre-wrap;"> </pre>

then in Overlay windows I retrieve error message "Operation Failed" but the file is correctly uploaded or imported

Mac

Sep 30, 2014, 3:37:05 PM9/30/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
The bug is confirmed and has been fixed in the development branch that will soon be released

thanks,
mac

Mac

Oct 2, 2014, 9:36:47 AM10/2/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Dear Francesco,

A kwatee 2.2.2 release candidate is available for download here:

Could you check verify that it fixes your issues. I encourage you to test the "experimental" interface (link on login page) as the default interface will soon be retired.

f.gra...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2014, 11:27:19 AM10/2/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
I've verified that the problem is solved in both interfaces the current and the the experimental.

I've seen that in new experimental interface has been removed the import method (now there is only upload method).

This import method is also removed in artifacts section.
This for us is a big limitation, because we always use this option to import the artifact using its directory structure instead of tar/zip archive.

In upload method is not possible import a directory but only file.

Is it possible to reintroduce this important feature in this new interface?

Thanks
Francesco

Thanks
Francesco

Mac

Oct 2, 2014, 1:55:16 PM10/2/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
The feature is still there: just shift-click on the upload package icon to enter the path to a local archive/folder

f.gra...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2014, 3:24:19 AM10/3/14
to kwa...@googlegroups.com
Ah, ok I've seen that the feature is still there.

But, I think that this way is not properly intuitive. It is necessary to know that there is the possibility to do shift-click.
I suggest, if it is possible, to re-introduce the choose upload/import method into popup window like in the previous interface

PS: However, this new experimental interface, is much better/faster than the previous :)

Thanks
Francesco