Casa Mia not for sale... kinda

Yappa

Aug 7, 2010, 4:25:22 PM8/7/10
I saw a real estate listing for the Casa Mia Deli & Cafe recently...
$495K for the business and equipment and to take on the lease. (The
listing said that the furnishings and equipment cost $550K.)

So when I was in there today shopping, I asked the woman at the
checkout if the business was for sale.

A man behind the take-out counter overheard and came running over,
asking me eagerly if I wanted to buy it. I said no, just curious. He
changed tacks then and said the business wasn't for sale. I said I'd
seen the listing and he said they'd delisted it. He said they were
trying to hold on till the Balsillie School and Barrelyards were
completed.

I hope they can make it. The place will be a goldmine once those
developments are operating. The space just gets better and better. The
sit-down part of the deli is now most of the space, with a great
outdoor patio. They have some nice gifts in addition to all the great
food. ... and I have heard that the best barista in town is there,
apparently a young guy (who never seems to be there when I am).