Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

How is Mon Ami pizza in Kitchener

Visto 81 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

annette mcbride

no leída,
13 nov 2010, 13:42:5113/11/10
Have driven by Mon Ami pizza in Kitchener on Charles Street--on the
ground floor of ...is it the Tannery, some new lofts in an old
factory? The sign shows a brick oven with the restaurant name painted
over it. Is it good? Is it a brick oven? Thanks for any update.

Tom Z

no leída,
25 nov 2010, 12:21:3325/11/10

Hi there,

I just went to this place for lunch and enjoyed it very much! Very
warm,
comfortable atmosphere inside, nice contrast to the grim weather which
one
could see through the window. Happy to have found this place!

I think the restaurant has a brick oven, or at least the oven there
looks to be very similar to the one used in Gourmet Pizza in Waterloo.

Matthew

no leída,
26 nov 2010, 7:20:1326/11/10

What sort of pizza? Crust? toppings?
Matthew Hill

Melle

no leída,
26 nov 2010, 11:55:0926/11/10
On Nov 13, 1:42 pm, annette mcbride <nan.mcbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I wasn't there at an optimal time -- late lunch, so there wasn't much
left on offer (in terms of slices). The pizza was decent, nowhere near
as good as City Cafe. I'll go back another time when I'm at the
Tannery and get the pizza when it's fresher.

It looks like a wood/brick oven, but still spotlessly clean, which
doesn't seem right. :)

The decor is... interesting. A friend described it as pretty
Flintstones-esque, which sounds about right. Tries to be rustic but a
little too polished.

annette mcbride

no leída,
10 dic 2010, 14:53:5810/12/10

OK, we went there. It closes at 8:00pm and we were there about
7:40pm.

I think the decor is meant to look like rustic outdoor Italian. There
are raw pine beams across the ceiling, and all the furniture is
unstained (but varnished) pine. The chairs are made of thick pine
legs and backs, chiseled down at floor level so they really do look
like "The Flintstones". The counter has a painted faux-stone look,
and darn it...the oven is NOT a brick oven. It is a gas oven with a
painted faux-stone look to it, so that if you do not look carefully,
you might think it's a brick oven. If you do look carefully, you can
see that the half-round shape of the faux-stone does reveal the
stainless steel gas oven behind.

However, the pizza was good. I don't think the crust was hand-made--
just a guess. Toppings were 'the regular'--I didn't notice anything
out of the ordinary. We asked for double-cheese on both the cheese
pizza and the meat-lover's pizza (it had a nicer name than that) and
he really did an outstanding job on the amount of cheese--too much for
me, just right for my husband.

They also serve bottled beer (sigh of happiness). It was OK. By
looking at the professionally-produced menu, it looked to be a chain,
but I couldn't guarantee it.

Hope that helps.

caz981

no leída,
6 ene 2011, 18:47:446/1/11
On Nov 13 2010, 1:42 pm, annette mcbride <nan.mcbr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I have not been in, but have driven by many times. I checked around
online and found their website: http://monamipizza.com/index.html
I has a lot of typos and looks quite blah, but they do claim to have a
wood fire oven.

Ted Parkinson

no leída,
8 ene 2011, 12:15:278/1/11

They are owned by the same family as Gourmet Pizza in Waterloo. They
make a great product and you can ask them to turn down the music if it
is too loud.

Ted Parkinson

no leída,
8 ene 2011, 12:25:408/1/11

Their website does have terrible spelling, but they have a great list
of vegetarian pizzas. We are going to try some and I'll report back.
Ted.

0 mensajes nuevos