Eating

A Petro

Jul 19, 2011, 9:33:34 PM7/19/11

Is no one eating out in Kitchener ?

Yappa

Jul 31, 2011, 11:18:52 AM7/31/11
On Jul 19, 9:33 pm, "A Petro" <andy.pe...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Is no one eating out in Kitchener ?

I don't know if you're also interested in Cambridge... I ate at
Langdon Hall last week. It was a special occasion so we had the chef's
tasting menu with wine flights (which I believe were $125 and $85,
respectively, each). It's a lovely room and ambience, but the food was
a bit hit and miss.

A couple of courses were inventive and delicious, but others were
inedible. And there was a sparseness to it that was weird... for
example, the dessert course was a plate with a scoop of espresso
gelatto on it. The amuse bouche was two little pieces of radish with a
little dab of blah sauce.

The best plate was beef chuck with smoked hollandaise (that's odd for
me to say because I'm usually not big on meat, especially beef). The
meat was essentially a hunk of pot roast that had been charred on all
edges and it was great. The hollandaise was made with smoked butter
and was a perfect complement. The worst course was raw fish - it had
been marinated in something salty but not tart, and it was luke warm
and mushy. The wine was also hit and miss and they poured too little
in each glass - 2 ounces?

I had had lunch at Langdon Hall once before, but this was my first
evening meal and I expected it to be a lot better than it was.

Matt Mizumi

Aug 2, 2011, 9:56:48 AM8/2/11
> The wine was also hit and miss and they poured too little
> in each glass - 2 ounces?

I was struck by this too -- appropriate for tasting wine by itself,
but not nearly enough to enjoy with food. Very odd.

jawad...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2012, 4:52:59 PM10/27/12
On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:33:34 AM UTC+4, andy wrote:
> Is no one eating out in Kitchener ?

Visit www.shawermaplus.com and have a look at great menu of items and other interesting stuff. Located in Waterloo,Ontario

bfairey

Oct 6, 2013, 11:35:53 PM10/6/13
On Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:33:34 PM UTC-4, andy wrote:
> Is no one eating out in Kitchener ?

Hi Andy I see you are still at it.
Brian