Kurviger App

Robin

Mar 31, 2017, 5:57:18 PM3/31/17
to kurv...@googlegroups.com
Dear fellow Kurviger users,

we are very proud to announce that Kurviger is releasing an Android App.

The Free Version offers you all the website features you already love, now in a mobile-friendly version. Plan round-trips, find winding roads, import and export routes, and, as a bonus, there's a guide-me mode, supporting you as you follow the route just created.

If you want more features (and we know you do ;)), there is the Pro Version. The Pro Version offers you additional, awesome features. Most importantly it provides you full-featured, turn-by-turn navigation with voice guidance. Simply plan a route, press Navigate, and enjoy the best motorcycling routes.

Here's what the Pro version adds to Kurviger Free:
- Turn-by-turn voice navigation
- Offline maps
- Longer round trips (1000km/600mi)
- Alternative routes
- Hillshading (see the outlines of hills and mountains)

There is a getting started guide, that helps you making the first steps with the app.

The App is currently in a public beta stage. During the Beta-Period we are offering 30% off the original price. We are still working on some features. We hope you will enjoy the App as much as we do. If you miss any features or find an issue, please let us know. We are looking forward to hear from you.

Ride safe and enjoy the best motorcycling roads with the Kurviger App!
Robin

Thorsten P.

Apr 1, 2017, 6:58:51 AM4/1/17
to Kurviger
Hi Robin,

directly bought the Pro version. This is great, thank you.

As always there are some questions and feature requests I have:

- Will you consider to let the user store maps locally?
- Will you consider to offer a garmin export? There are some export options, but yet now garmin :-(

- Would be nice to have the navigation options "fastest, curvy and extra curvy" directly as option within the map instead of having to open the settings menus and clicking thru the options
- Show the route summary (time and distance) permantly or at least have it as option so user can review at any time. For now I only see the summary by changing the route eg while adding a new waypoint
- by choosing the option "fadenkreuz" it would be nice to use the "fadenkreuz" to easily set a waypoint for a route. The "Fadenkreuz" seems a good way to exactly fix a position in the map.by having some kind of a click option within the map. at the moment i have to select a waypoint with my finger. but my finger is to thick so not easy to position a waypoint precisely with the first try
- currently i can remove a waypoint by going thru the menu. would be nice to be able to delete a waypoint directly within the map.

The app is perfect, I like it very much, so please dont get me wrong. These are just some ideas by playing with the app for the first time. I guess you already have features and ideas on your roadmap yourself. So please see this as potential input to prioritize your feature list :-)

Best Regards,
Thorsten

Am Freitag, 31. März 2017 23:57:18 UTC+2 schrieb Robin:
[...]

Emux

Apr 1, 2017, 11:23:11 AM4/1/17
to Thorsten P., Kurviger
Hi Thorsten,

(I'm Kurviger app author)

On 01/04/2017 01:58 μμ, Thorsten P. wrote:
- Will you consider to let the user store maps locally?

Application has a local map cache while browsing, so when connection is off the map still works in those areas.
If you mean to start with offline maps, this is something already in our minds.

- Will you consider to offer a garmin export? There are some export options, but yet now garmin :-(

Robin can answer here, as app uses Kurviger website for such processes. :)

[...]

Actually all these features exist in our list for future Kurviger app improvements, nice you like them!

Also route summary can be seen anytime in detailed route instructions dialog, via Route menu on left drawer.

To drag waypoints better, you can also tap them first for their info bubble to open and then drag them by touching the bubble.

The app is perfect, I like it very much, so please dont get me wrong. These are just some ideas by playing with the app for the first time. I guess you already have features and ideas on your roadmap yourself. So please see this as potential input to prioritize your feature list :-)

Thanks for the kind words and the quick feedback!

--
Emux

Robin

Apr 1, 2017, 7:11:42 PM4/1/17
to Kurviger
Hi Thorsten,

nice to hear from you and we are very glad that you like the App :). Emux already answered most of your questions.

> Will you consider to offer a garmin export? There are some export options, but yet now garmin :-(

I know that we have talked about this and this is certainly not forgotten. Sorry for the delay here.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
Robin

Richard Emerson

Apr 5, 2017, 6:50:52 PM4/5/17
to Kurviger
Today I finally had a chance to use the pro app on the road. I ran into what appear to be two errors. First, when approaching a turn, at about 50-100 meters from the turn, the spoken message is "in point two miles (turn left, right, etc.)". Ironically, in at least one case the message "turn [whatever direction] in point one miles" followed by the "point two" message. While following a route, I wanted to change settings. When I came back, the route was no longer present or, of course, followed.

I'm mystified by the data boxes in the upper left corner of the screen. Some times the upper box, with the larger arrow, shows the same distance mention in the voice cue. Sometimes there is a significant difference. The box below that might show a "turn right" arrow while the box above shows a "turn left" arrow. What's happening here? Also, please explain exactly what's being show in the upper right corner.

After losing the route (as described above), the map didn't seem to slew appropriately to keep "own location" on the screen. Tapping the locator button in the lower right, next to the "directions" button, briefly centered the map display on the current location, but that was rapidly lost.

Controlling map orientation was a challenge. The GPS input seemed to give the steadiest display that shows a "head up" display (that is oriented with the bike's line of travel). Compass 2D and 3D were astoundingly jittery, making them effectively unusable. Additionally, 2D and 3D both gave the "perspective" view and not "map view" and "perspective view" respectively.

I didn't see the three buttons: "mostly highway with some curves", "some curves", and "lots of curves". Did I overlook them?

I'll try to post the recommended route, and the route with more curves, as soon as I can draw them on the web site. The recommended route missed several "twisty" roads very close to the route shown.

Finally, is there any way to boost the volume on the voice cues? Compared to Maps and Waze, the voice quieter.

Having Kurviger on my phone is great, and I'm already looking forward to using it again.

On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 5:57:18 PM UTC-4, Robin wrote:
[...]

Robin

Apr 5, 2017, 9:17:12 PM4/5/17
to Kurviger
Hi Rick,

thanks for your feedback.

> First, when approaching a turn, at about 50-100 meters from the turn, the spoken message is "in point two miles (turn left, right, etc.)". Ironically, in at least one case the message "turn [whatever direction] in point one miles" followed by the "point two" message

Sorry I don't get the issue here? The app might tell you, "turn left in .2 miles, then turn right in .1 miles". So this tells you the next and the turn after the next.

> While following a route, I wanted to change settings. When I came back, the route was no longer present or, of course, followed.

Oh, that's bad. Do you remember what setting you changed?

> Some times the upper box, with the larger arrow, shows the same distance mention in the voice cue. Sometimes there is a significant difference.

This shouldn't be the case. If you are riding, you might get an instruction for e.g. 250 meters, but the distance is still counting down, as you are moving, so it might tell you 250m when you are already 220m to the turn. Was your issue of this kind?

> The box below that might show a "turn right" arrow while the box above shows a "turn left" arrow. What's happening here?

The second (smaller) box is the turn after the next turn. So that you already know the next two turns.

> Also, please explain exactly what's being show in the upper right corner.

Name of the road you are turning onto, the overall distance to your goal, the overall time, and you current speed (from top to bottom).

> After losing the route (as described above), the map didn't seem to slew appropriately to keep "own location" on the screen. Tapping the locator button in the lower right, next to the "directions" button, briefly centered the map display on the current location, but that was rapidly lost.

This sounds like a bug. We have to investigate this a bit more, thanks :).

> Controlling map orientation was a challenge. The GPS input seemed to give the steadiest display that shows a "head up" display (that is oriented with the bike's line of travel). Compass 2D and 3D were astoundingly jittery, making them effectively unusable. Additionally, 2D and 3D both gave the "perspective" view and not "map view" and "perspective view" respectively.

Yes, so the follow my location mode, is the "cheap" navigation, that is mostly build for the free version. I always use the GPS mode here. Whereas Compass 2D, might be nice for orienting yourself while standing, Compass 3D, is mostly to show off ;) (or at least I don't use it very much).

> I didn't see the three buttons: "mostly highway with some curves", "some curves", and "lots of curves". Did I overlook them?

Yes, this is hidden in the settings, it was already proposed to move this feature further up the UI, to have it easily accessible.

> I'll try to post the recommended route, and the route with more curves, as soon as I can draw them on the web site. The recommended route missed several "twisty" roads very close to the route shown.

Thanks a lot :).

> Finally, is there any way to boost the volume on the voice cues? Compared to Maps and Waze, the voice quieter.

Have you tried chaning your device's volume? The loudness is adjustable there, or do you need to further boost it?

> Having Kurviger on my phone is great, and I'm already looking forward to using it again.

Thanks! We are very happy that you like it. Keep up the good feedback and enjoy your rides with Kurviger.

Best,
Robin
Message has been deleted

Richard Emerson

Apr 5, 2017, 9:52:16 PM4/5/17
to Kurviger

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 9:17:12 PM UTC-4, Robin wrote:
Hi Rick,

thanks for your feedback.

> First, when approaching a turn, at about 50-100 meters from the turn, the spoken message is "in point two miles (turn left, right, etc.)". Ironically, in at least one case the message "turn [whatever direction] in point one miles" followed by the "point two" message

Sorry I don't get the issue here? The app might tell you, "turn left in .2 miles, then turn right in .1 miles". So this tells you the next and the turn after the next.
The problem is the voice cue for "[do something] in 200 feet" comes out as "[do something] in .2 miles" and this is after "[do something] in .1 miles". If you will, the distances are upside down.
"
> While following a route, I wanted to change settings. When I came back, the route was no longer present or, of course, followed.

Oh, that's bad. Do you remember what setting you changed?
None - I looked at the menu, I  decided there was nothing I was going to change  (I think I was looking for the slabs/curvy/verycurvy options)

> Some times the upper box, with the larger arrow, shows the same distance mention in the voice cue. Sometimes there is a significant difference.

This shouldn't be the case. If you are riding, you might get an instruction for e.g. 250 meters, but the distance is still counting down, as you are moving, so it might tell you 250m when you are already 220m to the turn. Was your issue of this kind?.
No - the differences were anywhere from many tenths of a mile to the right distance. The problem is the distances were usually not close to what the voice cues were.

> The box below that might show a "turn right" arrow while the box above shows a "turn left" arrow. What's happening here?

The second (smaller) box is the turn after the next turn. So that you already know the next two turns.
Gotit. I began to think that might be the case. Nice feature!

> Also, please explain exactly what's being show in the upper right corner.

Name of the road you are turning onto, the overall distance to your goal, the overall time, and you current speed (from top to bottom).
The ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) is based on current speed? If so, maybe a smoothed average speed would give a more likely ETA?

> After losing the route (as described above), the map didn't seem to slew appropriately to keep "own location" on the screen. Tapping the locator button in the lower right, next to the "directions" button, briefly centered the map display on the current location, but that was rapidly lost.

This sounds like a bug. We have to investigate this a bit more, thanks :).
You're welcome.

> Controlling map orientation was a challenge. The GPS input seemed to give the steadiest display that shows a "head up" display (that is oriented with the bike's line of travel). Compass 2D and 3D were astoundingly jittery, making them effectively unusable. Additionally, 2D and 3D both gave the "perspective" view and not "map view" and "perspective view" respectively.

Yes, so the follow my location mode, is the "cheap" navigation, that is mostly build for the free version. I always use the GPS mode here. Whereas Compass 2D, might be nice for orienting yourself while standing, Compass 3D, is mostly to show off ;) (or at least I don't use it very much).
Understood. Particularly because my phone/GPS is on a handlebar mount, there's a lot of vibration at idle. That can't be good for the compass. LOL Too bad the "3D" isn't easily available. It's fun to see every so often. Otherwise "heading up" (the smoothed direction the bike is going at any instant) is the display most often used.

> I didn't see the three buttons: "mostly highway with some curves", "some curves", and "lots of curves". Did I overlook them?

Yes, this is hidden in the settings, it was already proposed to move this feature further up the UI, to have it easily accessible.
Good idea! :)

> I'll try to post the recommended route, and the route with more curves, as soon as I can draw them on the web site. The recommended route missed several "twisty" roads very close to the route shown.

Thanks a lot :).
Both are up in the discussion of routing - look at the route(s) between Coopersburg and Skippack.

> Finally, is there any way to boost the volume on the voice cues? Compared to Maps and Waze, the voice quieter.

Have you tried chaning your device's volume? The loudness is adjustable there, or do you need to further boost it?
The volume from the phone is fine, as is the voice from Maps and Waze. It's just Kurviger app that's too quiet.

> Having Kurviger on my phone is great, and I'm already looking forward to using it again.

Thanks! We are very happy that you like it. Keep up the good feedback and enjoy your rides with Kurviger.
You got it! :)

Emux

Apr 6, 2017, 4:17:35 AM4/6/17
to Richard Emerson, Kurviger
Hi Richard,

Robin answered already in most questions.

We'll process your report, thanks for the detailed feedback!

--
Emux

Richard Emerson

Apr 6, 2017, 1:09:18 PM4/6/17
to Kurviger, svo...@gmail.com
Es freut mich Hilsbereit zu sein. :)
Cheers
Rick

Robin

Apr 9, 2017, 7:17:06 PM4/9/17
to Kurviger
Hi Rick,

> Today I finally had a chance to use the pro app on the road. I ran into what appear to be two errors. First, when approaching a turn, at about 50-100 meters from the turn, the spoken message is "in point two miles (turn left, right, etc.)". Ironically, in at least one case the message "turn [whatever direction] in point one miles" followed by the "point two" message.

We found that bug and it is already fixed, you should receive the update notification soon (or might have already received it). Thanks for reporting this. There will be some more optimizations for imperial unit users in the future :).

Best,
Robin

Richard Emerson

Apr 9, 2017, 8:22:00 PM4/9/17
to Kurviger
I just found and installed what I take to be the update that fixes the "inverted distance" bug. Interestingly, an update for Waze showed up at the same time. I think Kurviger has them worried... ;)

I have both Kurviger and Kurviger Pro on my phone. Do I need to keep Kurviger (no Pro)?

Cheers
Rick

Robin

Apr 9, 2017, 9:21:57 PM4/9/17
to Kurviger
> I just found and installed what I take to be the update that fixes the "inverted distance" bug.

Perfect :)

> I have both Kurviger and Kurviger Pro on my phone. Do I need to keep Kurviger (no Pro)?

Depends on you. Generally speaking the Pro app supports everything the Free app supports, but adds a lot of extras on top. So I think you can uninstall it :).

Best,
Robin

Robin

Apr 28, 2017, 8:09:58 PM4/28/17
to Kurviger
Dear fellow Kurviger users,

there is a new update of the app available. With this update we added the possibility to use offline maps instead of online maps. Offline maps are only available for Kurviger Pro. You can get Kurviger Pro here. The documentation about offline maps is available here. We are looking forward to hear about your experience with offline maps.

Enjoy your ride with Kurviger!

Cheers,
Robin

Emux

May 17, 2017, 4:27:02 AM5/17/17
to Robin, Kurviger
Hi all,

We published a new version of Kurviger app which, among the usual improvements, has the much anticipated feature:

- Address Lookup (Geocoding)

The documentation about Address Lookup is available here.
We're looking forward for your feedback with that new feature too.

--
Emux

Richard Emerson

May 17, 2017, 11:24:19 AM5/17/17
to Kurviger
I'm almost certain there are a variety of app rev.s in use. How about posting the current rev. number at the top of the group page, along with "you'll see your rev. number if you do this to get to 'About'." info?

Cyber Gasty

May 18, 2017, 4:03:50 PM5/18/17
to Kurviger, bol...@gmail.com
Hi,
I just installed your application and I like it very much. However one thing is missing for me in order to plan my trips. On the map (I know it is not you who provide the map) there is no numbering for the roads, so you have to choose your roads visually.
For example I would like to pass a road in France D45A and then via D2 and then D44A. If there would be a numbering it would be much easier to choose a road. Or I plan a route in Sardinia to pass by SP61 then take SP49 for a short round and then turn to SP92.
Since there is no such information on the map, I have to look on my computer or google maps and make sure that I chose a good road portion to put my waypoint.
Is there an overlay for this feature available for a particular map i.e. France or Italy?
thx

Cyber Gasty

May 18, 2017, 4:43:29 PM5/18/17
to Kurviger
Sorry I see that you have it for Italy. Then the request is for overlay for France with road numbers.

Emux

May 19, 2017, 8:17:43 AM5/19/17
to Cyber Gasty, Kurviger, bol...@gmail.com
Hi,

What map do you use?
Is it Kurviger with OpenScienceMap or Mapzen map?
Or is it Kurviger Pro with offline maps?

First the information has to be available in OpenStreetMap (since that is our maps source), then the used maps should contain that information and then the render themes we use should expose that data to the users.

Probably here we mean the OSM Key:ref for highways?

--
Emux

Cyber Gasty

May 19, 2017, 11:24:07 AM5/19/17
to Kurviger, cybergas...@gmail.com, bol...@gmail.com

Hi,
I am using Kurviger Pro with offline maps. I do not know what is the OSM Key.ref, just noting that in France departmental roads which start with letter Dxxx are not displayed with numbers.
Here is the printscreen of the map section without road numbering (regarless of the level of zoom)

Emux

May 19, 2017, 4:30:02 PM5/19/17
to Cyber Gasty, Kurviger, bol...@gmail.com
Thanks for the additional info!

The offline maps we currently use are Mapsforge maps, built with default options.
We'd need to check what happens in Italy and France.

--
Emux

Oliver

May 19, 2017, 5:07:22 PM5/19/17
to Kurviger
Hallo,
bei mir bricht der Download der Frankreichkarte immer bei 99% ab.

Gruß Oliver

Emux

May 19, 2017, 5:09:26 PM5/19/17
to Oliver, Kurviger
Hi Oliver,

Is it done on pc?
Can you try with different browser perhaps?

--
Emux

Manfred Frommel

May 23, 2017, 1:21:03 PM5/23/17
to Kurviger, cybergas...@gmail.com, bol...@gmail.com

Hi,

looks the same here in Germany:
Could it be, that numbers are only displayed for roads >= "highway=primary"

ref= B 301     highway=primary     -> number is displayed
ref= St 2084  highway=secondary -> number not displayed
ref= FS 8      highway=tertiary      -> number not displayed

Manfred

Emux

May 23, 2017, 3:09:44 PM5/23/17
to Manfred Frommel, Kurviger, cybergas...@gmail.com, bol...@gmail.com
Hi Manfred,

Are your examples with offline maps too?

Looking at our map style, there is not any OSM tag ref currently in action (which is used normally for road codes).
So any existing labeling comes from regular "name" tags.

Robin WDYT

--
Emux

Robin

May 24, 2017, 12:26:52 AM5/24/17
to Kurviger, manfred...@gmail.com, cybergas...@gmail.com, bol...@gmail.com
Hi Manfred, Emux, and Cyber Gasty,

you are right, there is an issue with our map rendering. I will add the road reference with one of the next updates. Thanks for pointing this out!

Best,
Robin

Manfred Frommel

May 24, 2017, 2:08:06 AM5/24/17
to Kurviger, manfred...@gmail.com, cybergas...@gmail.com, bol...@gmail.com
Hi, Emux,

Are your examples with offline maps too?

my examples are for the website.
Looking at Kurviger App Pro with offline map (bayern.map) there aren't any ref-numbers displayed at all.

BTW:
Do the offline-maps have any version numbers, and how can I tell which version of the map I am currently using?

Looking at our map style, there is not any OSM tag ref currently in action (which is used normally for road codes).
So any existing labeling comes from regular "name" tags.

Confirmed, only names are displayed in my offline map.
Looks like offline map and website are using different map style.

Manfred

Emux

May 24, 2017, 2:50:28 AM5/24/17
to Manfred Frommel, Kurviger, cybergas...@gmail.com, bol...@gmail.com
Hi Manfred,

> Do the offline-maps have any version numbers, and how can I tell which version of the map I am currently using?

There is not a specific versioning, but their creation date can be used.
We'll see how we can provide a way to be informed for this.

> Confirmed, only names are displayed in my offline map.

That's easy, in next version we'll include the "ref" labels too.

> Looks like offline map and website are using different map style.

Websites usually provide raster image tiles which are pre-rendered on server.

In app we use vector maps, with really small size, containing only the features geometry / tags.
Their rendering is done on device in real tile, so we can change it easily as we wish.

--
Emux

Frederik Fellerhoff

May 30, 2017, 2:45:12 AM5/30/17
to Kurviger
Hi Robin,

after testing and using the website version of Kurviger for the last year i finally purchased the Android App Kurviger Pro.
Looks like a brilliant piece of software!
I am happy to see that you already provide offline maps, cause i travel a lot in foreign countries and with offline maps i can save a lot of money for data roaming.
But why i still have to go online to calculate a new route with kurviger? This takes away the advantage of  the provided offline maps for me ;-)

Thanks for you efforts.
Rick

Robin

May 30, 2017, 3:05:24 AM5/30/17
to Kurviger
Thanks for the kind words :). Offline maps only handle the map rendering. Offline route calculation is on the long-term agenda, but this is not a trivial task. A route calculation uses almost no internet, so it is quite safe to use it in the EU, as roaming costs have dropped massively over the last years. I know this is not ideal, but we are working on it.

I just ran the numbers for you :). One very long route across Germany, that is ~1000km long, is ~50kb. This means 20 route calculations for a very long route are about 1mb. A "shorter" route of 300kms uses ~20kb, which means 50 route calculations are ~1mb. 1mb cannot cost more than 0.05€ (exl. VAT). Starting from the 15. June 2017 there are no roaming costs in the EU anymore (just saying :)). We are still working on this.

Best,
Robin

Emux

May 30, 2017, 3:11:03 AM5/30/17
to Robin, Kurviger
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your feedback!

We can offer in the meantime an alternative way to save / load routes, that won't require internet.
So you can plan your routes when online, store them and then load them with navigation starting immediately offline.

--
Emux

Frederik Fellerhoff

May 30, 2017, 5:28:23 AM5/30/17
to Kurviger, bol...@gmail.com
Hi Robin, Emux.

Thank you for the fast reply. roaming in europe should be no big problem anymore after the change in June 2017, that's right.
I am traveling a lot in asia where we still have lot of different contracts with high roaming costs.
I already noticed, that im- & export of already calculated routes is possible, i played around with this feature, imorted some handmade, very large routes and it works pretty well.
Anyways, this is just a workaround and doesn't work if i want to set up a new route on the spot.
Other apps give you full offline route calculation and i prefer to be independent from any telco Provider ;-))

BTW: The offline maps for Asia: Laos and Cambodia are missing :-)

Keep on the good work,
Rick

Frederik Fellerhoff

May 30, 2017, 5:40:57 AM5/30/17
to Kurviger, bol...@gmail.com
Hi,

one more remark on offline navigation: After importing a GPX you will only get an overlay if you are offline.
That means you get no directions, voice commands or 3D-view.
To get all this Features you Need to go online first to let kurviger calculate a new route.
Any chance to get this features offline?

Cheers
Rick

Emux

May 30, 2017, 5:49:26 AM5/30/17
to Frederik Fellerhoff, Kurviger, bol...@gmail.com
Hi Rick,

That's what I meant above, current export / import works with gpx (or other formats) options which cannot provide a complete routing calculation without the server.

We can improve the situation so that route loading can lead to navigation immediately without online requirement.

--
Emux

Frederik Fellerhoff

May 30, 2017, 6:01:45 AM5/30/17
to Kurviger, frederik....@googlemail.com, bol...@gmail.com
Hi Emux,

that would be a great improvement for the workaround!!

Appreciated,
Rick

Robin

May 30, 2017, 6:43:46 PM5/30/17
to Kurviger, bol...@gmail.com
Hi Rick,

> BTW: The offline maps for Asia: Laos and Cambodia are missing :-)

Interesting, these two countries are indeed missing. Let me check if we can add them. BTW: I've just been on a guided off road trip in Vietnam, but I also did a couple of rides myself there. On the guided tour we have been mostly on dirt roads and small mountain passes. Essentially, almost every dirt road we took is not on tagged on OSM or Google Maps. Small mountain passes are added most of the time to the maps but sometimes not depending on how remote the areas were. I don't know the situation in Cambodia and Laos and I don't know what type of riding you want to do over there, but I just wanted to give you a heads up. If you want to go off the road in south east asia, I can highly recommend a guided tour. Paved tours should work reasonably well with Kurviger, but you should be aware that the OSM data quality is not on the level it is in Europe.

BTW: The mobile coverage in Vietnam was stunning. I usually had 4G in the middle of nowhere.

Best,
Robin

Robin

May 30, 2017, 6:46:24 PM5/30/17
to Kurviger, bol...@gmail.com
Hi Rick,

I forgot to mention. You can also use the follow me mode, where you press on GPS button for a bit, then the map follows your location and you can follow the GPX overlay. Not ideal, but works well if you don't have internet reception.

Best,
Robin

Frederik Fellerhoff

May 31, 2017, 12:31:55 AM5/31/17
to Kurviger, bol...@gmail.com
Hi Robin,

i am aware of the mapping situation in SE-Asia. I live and travel in the area for ten years now.
The OSM-maps and KURVIGER are sufficient for road trips in Malaysia, Thailand and the main roads in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.
If you want the full (offroad) experience of the countryside, you need  handpicked tracks. :-)

Regards
Rick

Robin

May 31, 2017, 12:40:35 AM5/31/17
to Kurviger, bol...@gmail.com
Hi Rick,

Ok, wasn't sure, so I thought I give you a warning up front. I made exactly the same experience in Vietnam. If you want offroad, you need local knowledge.
Enjoy your travels. Let us know if you find any issues.

Best,
Robin

Frederik Fellerhoff

May 31, 2017, 1:27:27 AM5/31/17
to Kurviger, bol...@gmail.com
Hi Robin,

thanks alot for the hint. That helps indeed.

Rick

Robin

Jun 3, 2017, 2:10:45 AM6/3/17
to Kurviger
Dear fellow Kurviger users,

I am very happy to announce that we just released a new version of the Kurviger App. The biggest feature of this update is the ability to choose between different map styles. We added two new map styles: "Kurviger" and "Kurviger dark". Both are rather minimal designs, to make it easy to focus on the essentials of riding. The current map style is still available. If you find any issues with the new styles or feel like we should improve them, let us know. See the attached screen shots for quick overview.

This feature is available in the Pro version as well as Free version.

Additionally, we added an "avoid unpaved roads" feature, since some users ended on unpaved roads, when using the "avoid main roads" feature.

I hope you enjoy the update.

Best,
Robin
1.png
4.png
2.png

Robin

Jun 3, 2017, 2:13:46 AM6/3/17
to Kurviger, bol...@gmail.com
Hi,

we updated our app. The road names should be shown as expected now. If you find any issues, let us know.

Best,
Robin

Oliver

Jun 3, 2017, 3:09:03 AM6/3/17
to Kurviger
Super Update der Kartenstile.
So erkennt man die Straßen beim "Kurviger" Kartenstil zwischen kleinere Ortschaften viel besser.
Weiter so....
Gruß Oliver

P.S. Bitte die Zoomtasten +- im Querformat noch anders plazieren, so das man nicht immer auf den Suchbutton kommt wenn man kleiner zoomen möchte.

Emux

Jun 3, 2017, 3:50:22 AM6/3/17
to Oliver, Kurviger
Hi Oliver,

> P.S. Bitte die Zoomtasten +- im Querformat noch anders plazieren, so das man nicht immer auf den Suchbutton kommt wenn man kleiner zoomen möchte.

I've said to fix it but went down in list with the additional work.
Not forgotten, will check it!

--
Emux

Oliver

Jun 3, 2017, 3:54:52 AM6/3/17
to Kurviger
Alles gut 👍 kein Stress.
Schönes Wochenende noch ☺
Gruß Oliver

Emux

Jun 5, 2017, 12:50:43 PM6/5/17
to Kurviger
Hi everybody,

New version of Kurviger app was published:

Address lookup (Geocoding) enhancements:
- Use location (or map center) bias on search for more relevant results
- Sort results by distance to location (or map center)

- Fix OpenGL render issue with large offline maps, like Germany

- Updated map styles
- Improved tunnel rendering

UI enhancements:
- Search button placement based on portrait / landscape orientation
- Allow closing drawer with back button

As usual internal improvements & fixes and more to come!

--
Emux

Oliver

Jun 6, 2017, 5:17:57 AM6/6/17
to Kurviger
Wie immer super Arbeit 👍
Gruß Oliver

Richard Emerson

Jun 6, 2017, 8:23:39 AM6/6/17
to Kurviger
Rev. number?

Emux

Jun 6, 2017, 8:26:18 AM6/6/17
to Richard Emerson, Kurviger
On 06/06/2017 03:23 μμ, Richard Emerson wrote:
Rev. number?

Kurviger 1.0.28
Kurviger Pro 1.0.18

--