Another idea: Choice between information about "next waypoint" vs. about "end of route"

Uli LH

Aug 11, 2017, 8:48:34 AM8/11/17
to Kurviger
Hi Emux and Robin,

here just another idea after some more hundred kilometers of cruising with Kurvy: ;)

Kurvy shows distance to and resting time / arrival time for end of route.
Google Maps shows distance to and resting time / arrival time for next waypoint.

I frequently notice, that sometimes I prefer the first set of information, sometimes the second, and sometimes I would like to change more often while cruising.

So, because
a) both sets of information are available by Kurvy (as it is shown in "Route",
and
b) a long press onto the "distance" button seems not to have any function until now,
what do you think about this idea:

A long press onto the distance button in the navigating screen switches between
"information set (= distance + resting time / arrival time) for end of route
and
"information set (= distance + resting time / arrival time) for next waypoint".

I guess this would not make big efforts to realize (sorry, if I am wrong) but would deliver another gain for Kurvy.

Uli
(with big thx for 1.1.7!!)

Emux

Aug 11, 2017, 12:34:38 PM8/11/17
to Uli LH, Kurviger
Hi Uli,

Interesting idea. :)

Will need to check the navigation algorithms, since we have real time calculations here (not static as in Route dialog).

Also since the simple tap on distance panel is available, better use that for easier change?

Thanks for the feature detailed description and if you have more ideas for improvements we'd be happy to discuss them!

--
Emux

Uli LH

Aug 12, 2017, 4:07:34 AM8/12/17
to Kurviger, uhm...@gmail.com
Am Freitag, 11. August 2017 18:34:38 UTC+2 schrieb Emux:
Will need to check the navigation algorithms, since we have real time calculations here (not static as in Route dialog).
I see - that may make a difference.

Also since the simple tap on distance panel is available, better use that for easier change?
You are right - the simple tap in this case is available too, so if there is no other need in future, a short press would be even better. :)

Uli LH

Aug 31, 2017, 7:59:48 AM8/31/17
to Kurviger, uhm...@gmail.com
Not to be impatient (!!) -
just to ask, wether it's still inside the horizon (because I missed this feature the last weeks of crusing again frequently) ...
... or dismissed (what would not be a catastrophe anyway) ;)

Emux

Aug 31, 2017, 8:05:24 AM8/31/17
to Kurviger
It still exists in features list, certainly not forgotten! :)

For everyone's information:

We write every user request / report, analyze it and put in our "long" list for things to come sooner or later!

--
Emux

Uli LH

Aug 31, 2017, 9:31:48 AM8/31/17
to Kurviger
Did I already mention, that you are great?!
:)))

THX AGAIN!