RedHat / Centos Support

Gabriel Buenader Armendariz

Apr 13, 2022, 2:28:23 AM4/13/22
to kurento
Has Kurento Media Server being ported to Redhat / Centos? does anyone know the reason, if not, why Kurentos uses only Ubuntu rather than other Linux Distros?

I am not planning to deploy the solution on a container, just in case someone suggest this option

Juan Navarro

May 17, 2022, 8:30:15 AM5/17/22
to kur...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the reason is simple: because the programmers who wrote the code, used Ubuntu in their machines. No other reason, really.

Source code should be possible to build in other systems, some people even were able to build it on ARM platforms. But that's something that will not be officially supported by the Kurento project, to avoid having to test on different platforms.

If there are small corrections or code fixes that are needed to make it work in other systems that are not Ubuntu, the door is open for discussion here, and PRs are welcome too. Note however for big changes, better to discuss them first before doing all the work for the PR.

Regards