compile kurento 7.01 error on Ubuntu 18.04 server 64bit with ARM

Richard Li

Aug 6, 2023, 2:45:50 AM8/6/23
to kurento
1, follow https://doc-kurento.readthedocs.io/en/latest/dev/dev_guide.html#debian-packages
on step
and compile jsonrpc got error "Broken kurento-jsonrpc-build-deps:arm64 Depends on kurento-cmake-utils:arm64 < none @un H > (>= 7.0.1)
  Removing kurento-jsonrpc-build-deps:arm64 because I can't find kurento-cmake-utils:arm64"

20230806144508.jpg

Neil Young

Aug 6, 2023, 3:46:00 AM8/6/23
to kurento
It is unlikely that there are deb packages for ARM. You are on your own and need to find a way to compile KMS from source. I unfortunately lost my interest in this media server, but a while ago I did this for a 6.16 version https://gist.github.com/neilyoung/bc67892ec79a0f8de44b46642e7dceeb

Note: This gist is outdated and only works for 6.x versions. I never tried to compile a 7.x version on ARM. But I know it is possible to compile it from source on AMD64.

Please also note this: Kurento Media Server (KMS) is compiled and provided for installation by the Kurento team members, in a variety of forms. The only officially supported processor architecture is 64-bit x86, so for other platforms (such as ARM) you will have to build from sources.

Richard Li

Aug 7, 2023, 6:01:13 AM8/7/23
to kurento
@Neil Young
According to the ARM64 compilation documentation , the compilation was successful, thank you very much!
Additionally, what steps are needed to package the compilation results into a Docker image?

Neil Young

Aug 7, 2023, 6:12:48 AM8/7/23
to kurento
I'm not a docker friend, so I never tried that. But if the gist is still working, then it shouldn't be too difficult to put all the instructions into a Dockerfile,