Can SdpEndpoint.generateOffer return sdp for audio only?

james...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2015, 5:44:19 AM3/11/15
to kur...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to use Kurento as a WebRTC endpoint to initiate audio calls to a PBX and record the call. I am using node with sip.js for signalling but when calling generateOffer the sdp contains media attributes for video and audio. My PBX rejects the call due to the video attributes. Am I able to call generateOffer to only create an sdp for audio only? If so how can I do this? I've read through the Kurento API docs but I can't determine whether this is possible.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you. :-)

Jose Antonio Santos Cadenas

Mar 11, 2015, 5:59:16 AM3/11/15
to kur...@googlegroups.com
This is possible, but only in a global way. I mean it will affect all SdpEndpoints.

You can edit /etc/kurento/sdp_pattern.txt file removing all video related parts, this will force SdpEndpoints (parent class of WebrtcEndpoint) to only use audio.

Another way to fix it could be mangling the sdp removing all video parts from the offer before passing it to the remote peer. Using this way you could still create other endpoints using video.

Hope that helps.

james...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2015, 7:00:13 AM3/11/15
to kur...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! Setting the sdp_pattern.txt worked. :)

Rene Bernhardt

Dec 5, 2016, 6:08:44 AM12/5/16
to kurento, james...@gmail.com

As far as I understood the sdp_pattern.txt is not used anymore. My installation of Kurento 6.6.2 still installed the textfile in /etc/kurento.  I removed all the video related parts but still a generateOffer() on a webRtcEndpoint produces a SDP with AUDIO and VIDEO.
How can I achieve that a webRtcEndpoint.generateOffer() only generated Audio SDP?

I have the following problem:
I can connect a browser to a webrtcendpoint for Audio only successfully. On the server side I connect this webrtcendpoint to another webrtcendpoint. The second one should be webrtc-connected to a server that expects an sdp offer. So I generate the offer via generateOffer(). But I want to transmit audio only. So the other server answers with a audio only SDP which I feed into the second webrtcendpoints processAnswer().

The connection is established successfully. IceConnectionPairs and Mediastate seem to be well. But the Audio is flowing only from the other server via the second to the first webrtcEndpoint and the to the browser. The other direction does not work. I can see in the stats that no bytes are going from the second webrtcEndpoint to the other server. My guess is that because I cannot tell the webrtcEndpoint to generate an offer for AUDIO-only that is waiting for Video on the internal connection between the webrtcEndpoints. But because no Video is coming from the first webrtcEndpoint it does not start transmitting the Audio stream.

How can I get this working ?

Ivan Gracia

Dec 11, 2016, 2:17:08 PM12/11/16
to Kurento Public, james...@gmail.com
That should be working fine. Can you open a bugtracker issue, and provide a reproducer?

Ivan Gracia

Jose Antonio Santos Cadenas

Dec 11, 2016, 5:02:12 PM12/11/16
to Kurento Public, james...@gmail.com
Have you tried modifying the configuration in SdpEndpoint.conf.json?

Setting numVideoMedias to 0 should generate offers without video.

Cheers.