Unhealthy docker container

web master

Apr 18, 2020, 5:33:15 AM4/18/20
to kurento

I am using the following command to run kurento

docker run -d --name kms -p 8888:8888 -e KMS_TURN_URL="user:pa...@myDomain.com" -v/home/record:/home/record --restart always kurento/kurento-media-server:latest

My container sometimes become Unhealthy and not restarted

1. Why it become Unhealthy
2. How can I force it restart when it is Unhealthy

Micael Gallego

Apr 19, 2020, 12:21:54 PM4/19/20
to kur...@googlegroups.com
1. It is unhealthy because its websocket is not working properly.

Best regards

Micael Gallego
Kurento / OpenVidu Project Lead

web master

Apr 20, 2020, 2:38:22 AM4/20/20
to kurento
1. It is unhealthy because its websocket is not working properly.

Why? how can I find that why websocket is not working properly?

Micael Gallego

Apr 20, 2020, 4:17:17 AM4/20/20
to kur...@googlegroups.com
It is usually due to high load in KMS.

But if you case is different, please detail what is happening.

El lun., 20 abr. 2020 8:38, web master <socket...@gmail.com> escribió:
1. It is unhealthy because its websocket is not working properly.

Why? how can I find that why websocket is not working properly?

Juan Navarro

Apr 20, 2020, 6:46:52 AM4/20/20
to kur...@googlegroups.com
This is the source code of the Docker image:
https://github.com/Kurento/kurento-docker/tree/master/kurento-media-server

In healthchecker.sh we run curl to see if Kurento Media Server responds to the WebSocket port. The expected HTTP return code is 500.

You can use that same commands to run health checks yourself. As Micael pointed out, maybe the request is timing out because the CPU is exhausted?

web master

Apr 21, 2020, 4:50:41 AM4/21/20
to kur...@googlegroups.com
 maybe the request is timing out because the CPU is exhausted?

I can confirm that sometimes kurento use more than 90% of a single core of CPU , But I have 12 core CPU, Why kurento didn't use more cores?

Juan Navarro

Apr 22, 2020, 4:19:18 PM4/22/20
to kur...@googlegroups.com
On 21/4/20 10:50, web master wrote:
 maybe the request is timing out because the CPU is exhausted?

I can confirm that sometimes kurento use more than 90% CPU , But I have 12 core CPU, Why kurento didn't use more cores?

Have you confirmed that Kurento only uses 1 CPU core?

web master

Apr 25, 2020, 1:22:23 AM4/25/20
to kurento
Have you confirmed that Kurento only uses 1 CPU core?

I'm not sure , But I sure that it used 90% of CPU at max , when I run `top` and monitor kurento
It may be 90% if single core or 45%+45% of dual core , I'm not sure
I know that
I have 12 cores can kurento can use more than 100% of CPU , Why we have wbsocket connection timeout when the CPU usage is 90% and we have 11 core free?

web master

Apr 29, 2020, 2:13:19 AM4/29/20
to kurento
Reply please

Juan Navarro

Apr 29, 2020, 2:37:17 PM4/29/20
to kur...@googlegroups.com
What is exactly the question?

On 29/4/20 8:13, web master wrote:
Reply please --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kurento" group.

web master

May 2, 2020, 12:41:44 AM5/2/20
to kurento
I have a 12 cores CPU server , with 24GB RAM

I am using the following command to run kurento

docker run ---name kms -8888:8888 -e KMS_TURN_URL="user:pass@myDomain.com" -v/home/record:/home/record --restart always kurento/kurento-media-server:latest

When kurento using 90% of CPU that shown in `top` command , it become Unhealthy in docker and I have ` Request has timed out` in my nodejs client
You told that it's because maybe the CPU is exhausted

Kurento used 90% of CPU , I have 12 cores and 1110% is free , I have 11 free cores, Why kurento not using other cores?

web master

Jun 21, 2020, 5:11:06 AM6/21/20
to kurento
Reply please